stearman65

stearman65

Hi I've just joined the forum. I live in Southport Merseyside. My main hobbies are Digital Photography & Formula 1. (watching). Back in November 2019 we moved into a 5 year old apartment with water based UFH. From day 1 we experience problems with pressure loss from the Worcester Bosch Greenstar 32 compact boiler, constant running of the system at night, 4 visits from WB claiming there was nothing wrong with the boiler, yet twice they re-pressurised the expansion tank, replaced it & the PRV.  The system has a mixture Heatmiser & Maincor components, 2 of each thermostats, Maincor Programmer, Heatmiser UH3 wiring centre.

In my working life I was a Project Manager for a refrigeration cabinet manufacturer, handling projects for national end users such as M&S, Morrisons, Asda, Macdonalds, the list goes on, I'm leading up to saying I do know something about air conditioning heating & ventilation.

I think that's enough abut me, back to the problem with the apartment. Following numerous visits by the agent, his plumber, electrician & WB, the agent is trying to persuade me to set the boiler outlet temperature above 65C, which it has been set at since we moved in. Set the thermostats on the "set back" position on the 3 position switch. Having scoured the'net I discovered 

BS EN 1264

which reading between the lines says that Water based UFH systems with screed covered pipes should not exceed 65C at the boiler outlet, 5C lower in the EU version. Can anyone confirm what I think or throw any light on the necessity to increase boiler outlet temperatures over 65C

Thank you in anticipation.

Edited by stearman65
typo

Welcome. You should have a Blending valve before the hot water enters the manifolds. This will then reduce the water in the ufh circuit to 30-45 degrees. The actual temp will depend on how much heat you will need to put into the floor when you take into account your heat losses from the floors, walls Windows etc. 

Can you take a pic of your manifold set up.

18 hours ago, Declan52 said:

Welcome. You should have a Blending valve before the hot water enters the manifolds. This will then reduce the water in the ufh circuit to 30-45 degrees. The actual temp will depend on how much heat you will need to put into the floor when you take into account your heat losses from the floors, walls Windows etc. 

Can you take a pic of your manifold set up.

Hi Declan52

There is a blending valve, but it's the BS on maximum water temp' from the boiler if all the safeties fail. 65C is the BS so I believe in screed covered UFH. I'd like to be able to copy it in an official doc' which would give more strength to my argument with the agent. Thanks for the reply.

pv6.jpg

pv7.jpg

pv8.jpg

pv9.jpg

pv10.jpg

pv11..jpg

pv12..jpg

18 hours ago, nod said:

Welcome 

Im not far away in Preston

Though we are out in Southport for lunch today 

Hi Nod, thanks for the welcome. The weather last night in Southport was B**** horrendous.?