Brick supplier

Noah

Depends what you want.

There are bricks and there are bricks. I just used the local merchant - they had or found everything I needed. It got to the point I didn't do too much shopping around as they know me now and I automatically get discount and free delivery etc.

Consider looking for "low efflorescence" bricks to reduce chances of getting white salt deposits.

Get bricklayers to make a 1m*1m sample wall as a quality control reference?

Edited by Temp

Thanks for all your comments. The architect is suggesting a Con Mosso which is 90p a brick. I have been shopping around to see if I could find a better price. I have read to that once a supplier quotes, they provide the manufactuer with your site details which locks the brick price. I wanted to therefore understand whether there was any point shopping around. 

When I go direct to the manufacturer they just point me to one of their dealers

On 28/02/2020 at 09:02, Noah said:

Thanks for all your comments. The architect is suggesting a Con Mosso which is 90p a brick. I have been shopping around to see if I could find a better price. I have read to that once a supplier quotes, they provide the manufactuer with your site details which locks the brick price. I wanted to therefore understand whether there was any point shopping around. 

When I go direct to the manufacturer they just point me to one of their dealers

How many bricks, 10,000+?

My local BM got me a good price on a similar fancy brick from the same brand name. Think you should aim for under 70p a brick.

Although I ordered locally the shipment arrived on two HGVs direct from Tilbury docks. Where is your plot?

I sourced my own bricks,(12,000)  went to a main agent near Exeter, got them to send sample boards of the three we picked. Er indoors picked the most expensive ?, my builder said I got them cheaper than he has in the past. They came from “ oop North” but were in stock in Devon. ?