Tree surgery sanity check on price

NWGEAR

Hi, we've a £1400+vat quote for some tree work, estimated two days work. Felling 2 old Ash trees and thinning dead wood from half a dozen others. I was naively expecting half that cost but have no point of refererence. Any comment?

30 minutes ago, NWGEAR said:

Hi, we've a £1400+vat quote for some tree work, estimated two days work. Felling 2 old Ash trees and thinning dead wood from half a dozen others. I was naively expecting half that cost but have no point of refererence. Any comment?

A company I'm doing work for paid £700 for half a day of cutting.

49 minutes ago, NWGEAR said:

While I’m not a tree surgeon 

I felled more than Thirty all ash 

They are a pain 

Shallow roots grow very tall and prowl to disease 

The plot was empty at the time 

But I’ve since cut six more after the house was finished with the aid of a cherry picker 

I’m not sure where they get there prices from 

10FFAA5D-D0E8-4EAF-AF89-324205FEFA80.jpeg

D6527AFD-2C89-4613-8C19-43765BD5BA54.jpeg

353A2F80-3DC2-47FD-853F-F84654FEB367.jpeg

543D5141-BE2F-41EE-9F89-CF7919A7E4D7.jpeg

Thanks all for the comments. The consensus seems like pricing isn't far off. The site has good access, plenty of space and the trees to fell are mature so ~20-25m tall. I expect they'll need some rope work for the thinning. Includes processing and stacking the firewood with plenty time to season before a fireplace is ready...Rare sunny day pic for reference!

tree.png

• Like 1