Which pointing finish for an internal brick wall?

epsilonGreedy

My brickie is asking for my pointing finish preference now that he is about to lay about 8m2 of internal facing brick wall?

The room in question has been labelled "The Snug" and we are looking for an olde rural cottage theme in the room that will include a fireplace with a brick hearth, an exposed ceiling oak joist that will divide the snug from kitchen and a painted wood panelled wall below the facing bricks to dado rail height.

My options are (1) bagged off which is the finish of the external wall, (2) recessed and (3) struck.

More info: The bricks are a buff blend with patches of red with a sand coloured mortar.

Edited by epsilonGreedy

59 minutes ago, Mike said:

Bagged or brushed would work.

Guess you've already considered the brick bonding - you don't want stretcher bond if you want it to look old...

Indeed, we have even discussed lining up the header courses with the external brick wall header courses. I wonder how many visiting brick bond nerds will spot that!

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, joe90 said:

I like recessed as it shows off the wrinkly brick edge 

I like a shallow recess though from an historical point of view we are looking for the "150 year old plaster just crumbled off and so we decided to clean up the original brick face" look.