Cavity wall garage DPC detail

sean1933

Bricky starts on Monday and i showed him the below drawing today, to which he questioned the 2 level DPC potentially causing a slip line and suggesting Structural Engineers sometimes dont like it. Im sure I saw the same detail on here somewhere so interested in others views/alternative solutions.

Original architects detail also shown below - reason i changed is because it would leave DPC visible internally as no screed buildup (jablite system with structural concrete top).

Thanks in advance!

20200223_102658.jpg

20200223_113914.jpg

I haven't intentionally created 3 dpc levels but top is to form cav tray, middle is dpc and bottom is just lap under to avoid visible inside dpc as per architects detail... agree seems ott but cant think of anothet way of doing it without dropping dpc down 2 bricks which isnt ideal with our ground levels as its pretty flat all round.

4 hours ago, Mr Punter said:

Three on the inner course seems excessive, especially with the cladding.  I think you can send the drawings to Visqueen and see what they suggest (normally fairly OTT though).

Couldn't you bring the DPM up to meet the dpc at the top of the cavity tray? You'd at least then only have the same number of layers in the inner leaf as your architect's detail.

When you say it'll be visible internally if as per architect, is there no internal wall covering / skirting that could hide it?