Electric shower recomendation

jfb

Anyone got any view on the different electric shower manufacturers?

Going to have an 8.5kw shower in a guest space. I've used Gainsborough showers before but have had to replace main unit fairly often.

Triton, Mira, Bristan.......or are they much of a muchness?

Anything to look out for?

Like electric heaters, all 8.5kW showers will heat the same volume of water to the same temperature as any other.  So choice comes down to expected reliability, appearance and features.

I personally like Triton, because they are cheap, easy to fit, and generally reliable. And that reliability I am sure is because they don't have any complicated controls.

• Like 1

in the last house i replaced the triton twice with the model which was the same, fittings and water connections, model no. changed. the mira in the ensuite was still there when we left, it was there when we purchased, reckon the ensuite was put in about seven years prior to us buying and we were in 20 yrs.

41 minutes ago, Temp said:

If its a guest shower that won't be used much running costs should be negligible? If so I'd consider going for a bigger one (>10kW) if that's possible.

interesting point. I'll have to check the electric situation. I have a 16mm feed about 40m from the 3 phase d/n it is coming from. Only plugs, lights and electric heater so I guess bigger than 8.5kw might be possible.