How to smooth the garage concrete floor?

Adam2

Looking at levels for a new driveway that will finish at the garage entrance and thinking that if we want to improve the very rough surface of the garage what are our options (size is ~7 x 5.5m).

1 - sand/grind a bit and tile = ~25/35mm increase in height

2 - as above but a latex compound  instead of tiles

3 - as above but an epoxy compound instead of tiles

4 - thin layer of concrete maybe with fibres

It's kind of important right now as this will determine the level we want to finish our driveway at and this (as per other post) is beam + block + concrete so the structure beneath that can be adjusted but when built will be staying as-is aside from the final surface which probably is resin but tbc.

Not sure how good options 2 & 3 are for wear and how thin you can go with option 4 so info appreciated

39 minutes ago, Adam2 said:

Looking at levels for a new driveway that will finish at the garage entrance and thinking that if we want to improve the very rough surface of the garage what are our options (size is ~7 x 5.5m).

1 - sand/grind a bit and tile = ~25/35mm increase in height

2 - as above but a latex compound  instead of tiles

3 - as above but an epoxy compound instead of tiles

4 - thin layer of concrete maybe with fibres

It's kind of important right now as this will determine the level we want to finish our driveway at and this (as per other post) is beam + block + concrete so the structure beneath that can be adjusted but when built will be staying as-is aside from the final surface which probably is resin but tbc.

Not sure how good options 2 & 3 are for wear and how thin you can go with option 4 so info appreciated

As I saw it (I was nearly in a similar situation as you at one point) I either diamond ground it, or I put on a heavy enough layer of levelling compound and designed for vehicular use (including things like trolley jacks etc.).

This was weeks, maybe months of plotting and planning and what I came up with based on pricing things and all sorts. Luckily the problem disappeared for me as we ended up building a new garage!

Edited by Carrerahill
  • Like 1