IsoLohr: anything known?

ToughButterCup

I intend to build using Durisol ICF blocks. That company has teamed up with crsfuturebuild who in turn appears have teamed up with isolohr

I thought I had our floor slab sorted out, but. 

Anyone know anything about isolohr or crsfuturebuild?

Both systems are German: they get everywhere these pesky Germans.

• Like 1

Yes - spoke to them but they had issues with close proximity of trees so discounted it pretty quickly. 

Also queried their floor build up as even with in slab UFH they still seem to show an insulation then screed later ..! They never got back to me on that one ...

Hi, new member here.

I am just awaiting my planning consent and I also am intending building in ICF.

Do you mind if I ask why you have chosen Durisol over the more polystyrene based systems that seem to have a better U value for the same section block??

Thanks

• 4 months later...
12 hours ago, KrisElder said:

Hello,

Just joined this Forum. 

Great topic, and as it happens I have just completed a new build which I used: IsoLohr and Durisol. If I can help anyone I willing to share my experience. 

Kris

Hello Kris,

I'll very likely be glad of a chat......

For starters, concrete delivery and volumes. How did you manage that aspect of things? Did you build (in area terms) to the exact volume of a load of concrete?

Oh, by the way, welcome!

Ian

8 minutes ago, recoveringacademic said:

Hello Kris,

I'll very likely be glad of a chat......

For starters, concrete delivery and volumes. How did you manage that aspect of things? Did you build (in area terms) to the exact volume of a load of concrete?

Oh, by the way, welcome!

Ian

On the volume part, I'm intending using one of the companies that actually mixes "on site". Apparently the wagon can carry enough materials to mix up to approx 10m³, I can't imagine one pour would require more. Using this method you never get left with excess concrete to dispose of and you only buy what you use.

Edited by RichS
spelling

@recoveringacademic, Sorry, I missed this post, thanks very much for the reply. I am sorted for the April training day in Yorkshire. Why do IsoLohr always seem to put the "skirt" around the outside of the slab, surely this will interfere with top water drainage arrangements.

Hi, @RichS; not sure what you mean by skirt, but, since you ask,  do you mean something like this?

20170405_145406.thumb.jpg.6454ee005a8a7abeaf6173ced261be54.jpg 

The vertical white EPS300 'skirt' (on the LHS of the image) is designed to prevent well, reduce the cold bridge from the side of the slab.

By contrast, the area being poured isn't part of the heated envelope, and so doesn't have a skirt.

See you in Mayorkshire (as my lad calls it) at the end of April.

Ian

• 3 weeks later...

So Isolohr have moved the training day back from Thursday to Friday of this week.

Unfortunately I already have things booked in for Friday so can't make it.

If anyone is going I would be interested to know the answer to @PeterW query regarding needing a screed instead of just placing heating pipes in slab.

Edited by RichS
Clarity

• 1 year later...

I know its an old thread, but I know the people at CRS futurebuild quite well.

I have worked with them on bigger housing developments since about 1995 and I can say they are as good as any I have worked with.

I know nothing about Isolohr though.