Discount Offers of the Week

16 hours ago, newhome said:

Dyson cordless stick vacuum £149.99 with code MSE50

It's not the latest model and the charge only lasts 20 minutes on this one (but how long to you want to vaccum for anyway ....?). It's very cheap compared to the latest models however which are £££. 

Cordless Dyson Offer

we have been looking at getting one of these for a while so this is a great offer for us. thanks!

I had a V6 and the battery gave out after a couple of years, I replaced it and it gave out even sooner.

I spoke to our cleaning lady and she says hers did exactly the same.

It is a great product but this is a pain.

The V10 whilst much more expensive has a battery supposedly good for 800 full cycles, they suggest it is good for 15 years. I guess that's based on one cycle a week.

Anyway, I waited for the 10% off day at Ebay and bought a refurb with this offer, I am hoping it lasts a lot better than the V6.

I also bought a £90 Nilfisk Vac so I stop wasting my expensive vacuum on building work.

Apparently it is pressure washer week at Amazon

These are good deals today, checked on camelcamelcamel

I'd be buying the P150 with a 10m hose, but my Karcher is hanging gamely on.

Nilfisk C120 £75, normally around £90-110

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nilfisk-Pressure-Washer-Patio-cleaning/dp/B01MSYCQ8N?ref_=Oct_DLandingS_PC_1db5b1d2_1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

Nilfisk P150 £260, normally around £400

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nilfisk-Pressure-Washer-Induction-Motor/dp/B004OTOIYM?ref_=Oct_DLandingS_PC_1db5b1d2_0&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

32 minutes ago, Temp said:

YouTube showed me an advert for a compressor from lidl. Looks like they have a bunch of tools from Sunday. Not sure if link will work..

https://www.lidl.co.uk/en/MiddleofLidl.htm?id=1177&week=1

I like the idea of the built in hose reel on that compressor.

Tbh the Aldi compressor I bought, (£29.95 with multiple discounts applied, was £89.95) I use all the time. The attached hose could do with a reel facility though...

Thanks, I went in and spoke to them yesterday.

My car (Tesla Model X) has 275/45 R20 on the back and 255/45 R20 on the front.

These were on the website a week ago and it was roughly £150 cheaper than elsewhere between the £100 off and Costco being cheaper to begin with.

However, when you go to order them a full page of disclaimers comes up. Costco won't fit tyres of a different spec to those currently on the car, Costco will only fit tyres to the rear if you buy 2 etc.

I checked the spec on my car and the tyres have a Y speed rating. For some reason the 275 cross climates are Y rated and the 255s are W rated. W rated is max speed of 168mph and Y rated is 186mph!

So I went in to ask them if this was an issue. The guy said that Costco would not fit tyres of different spec to the front and rear axles of a 4wd car. Now I know that you do have to be careful because in a 4wd the axles are usually connected. I could have argued that this is not an issue in an electric car as there is no driveshaft between the axles. Also the speed rating is irrelevant as long as it is above the top speed of your car. But he wasn't going to budge. Internet searches suggest that Costco are entirely inflexible and stick to their rigid corporate policy.

By this point the 275 have also disappeared from their website. They couldn't explain why, but they wouldn't fit just 2 non matching tyres to a 4wd car anyway and they also won't fit tyres to the front axle only although I don't know how they are supposed to work the policy on car that have staggered tyre sizes like mine.

So that is that, a great deal but such a strict policy that many people cannot actually buy tyres there.

22 minutes ago, AliG said:

So that is that, a great deal but such a strict policy that many people cannot actually buy tyres there.

Oh! i think mine were all the same although the speed rating was different to the originals. I said I wanted Cross Climates, they looked them up, sold them to me and fitted them. That was at Costco at Lakeside though, not Edinburgh. 

Well my “ Discount offer of the week” has been my best score yet, as some of you will know I am doing my build on a rock bottom, empty barrel budget, it’s just the way things are and I’m ok with it, but it has made me develop lots of contacts for getting materials as cheap as possible and recycling / up-cycling wherever I can. One of my local builders merchants has undergone a radical management and staff changeover and cutting a long story short after introducing myself and showing them photos of my project the new management have offered me a substantial amount of materials for my project for free.... today I have started the long job of collecting pallets of paving bricks, they have just gifted me a minimum of 15 full pallets of brand new but old stock pavers in a variety of colours.  It’s an unbelievably generous offer and I am over the moon, though I am not ready just yet to go crazy with my paving it will in the future make my property look totally amazing. Really overjoyed that there are still some incredibly friendly and generous people out there who are happy to help out a stranger doing a budget build. Living in my remote location with a small ferry ride and two miles of steep dirt track and restricted to only being able to carry 2.5 tons means I am going to be very busy next week hauling all my plunder back ! 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

Slightly off-piste request.

It seems my mum will now have Complan (essentially high calorie Shakes with vitamins) daily as part of her weight maintenance diet. 

They cost typically £3.50 for 4 drinks from a supermarket, and we are looking at 2 per day. So that is about £600-650 a year for the foreseeable future.

I am looking for a better priced source, but the things seems to be controlled as tightly as a drum, with prices going much higher but only lower by about 5% as routine.

The best offer I currently have is a 15% voucher code for Chemist Direct on top of that ie about £2.75.

https://www.chemistdirect.co.uk/complan-chocolate-multipack/

Can anyone do better?

(Add - plus potentially 6% cash back via Quidco .. IF it stacks.)

Cheers 

Ferdinand

Edited by Ferdinand

26 minutes ago, Ferdinand said:

I am looking for a better priced source, but the things seems to be controlled as tightly as a drum, with prices going much higher but only lower by about 5% as routine.

Won't the GP give something similar on prescription? 

Complan Original is £4.50 in Tesco and on Amazon. That is equivalent to around £0.60 per serving, but it is a tub that you have to measure it out from rather than pre measured portions.

You could also ask if there are any alternatives that she can take. Looking on Google, it looks like Horlicks has very similar nutritional value to Complan, except for Vitamin K and Iron, but is way cheaper.