Discount Offers of the Week

Keter Factor Plastic Shed 8x11.

For various reasons I am having one of these to store extra building materials, specifically big doors and space for 8x4 sheets.

There are a couple of brands of plastic sheds - Amber Skylight is another which has a translucent roof but worse reports. Keter review better and also do a more expensive one called Oakland which is paintable.

Normal price on a Keter Factor 8x11 is about £899, but I found one at Costco for £699. No delivery charge but I paid £15 for a 12 month membership as it was cheaper than the 5% non member premium.

The one wrinkle with these is that the base needs to be very level. Arriving next Monday.

Ferdinand

(Just checked and the price is now £799 - oops). Still cheaper than other places.

Edited by Ferdinand

Wickes 50% off all Cuprinol Garden - 2 for 1

Wickes have an offer until Monday for 2 for 1 on all Cuprinol garden products. 

http://www.wickes.co.uk/spotlight/Cuprinol-2016

There is also a JUNE17 10% off voucher code, which is worth a try at online checkout.

Or the usual 10-20% Trade / Gift Card reductions should stack.

This looks like a good 'un if you want Cuprinol. If it operates in store that will be 60% off at the checkout for me, which is likely to be a good deal better than elsewhere.

I think you can mix and match identically priced items.

F

On 2017-6-27 at 13:46, Vijay said:

shame the DIY stuff has ended at Lidl :(

Plenty of the 1000W inverter gennies at Lidl in Sevenoaks just now. Also the plunge saws and 12V multitools.

...and Swedish style, Kopparberg rip off cider! :)

1 hour ago, Temp said:

Next week Lidl have a 4in1 petrol powered strimmer, hedge trimmer etc..

https://www.lidl.co.uk/en/Non-Food-Offers.htm?articleId=4094&ar=7

The hedge trimmer attachment appears to have a metal casing rather than plastic that a few really cheap bundles have sometimes. 

Aiming to get one myself. From this Sunday 2nd.

9 minutes ago, PeterW said:

They aren't great - engine speed is too slow for the chainsaw piece and the hedge trimmers jam really easily ...

Maybe I won't then! :)

9200 rpm I've read elsewhere. Made for Lidl by Einhell. 

Edited by Onoff

1 hour ago, Onoff said:

Maybe I won't then! :)

9200 rpm I've read elsewhere. Made for Lidl by Einhell. 

Could well be but they then have a bevel drive which reduces it down and just isn't quick enough for decent cutting. 

• 2 weeks later...

5m x 7m section of Terram Geocell in Kings Lynn for Starting bid of £25.

Local collect only. No bids so far.

2 days to go.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_odkw=terram&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xterram+geocell.TRS0&_nkw=terram+geocell&_sacat=0

F

Edited by Ferdinand

Quickstep Vinyl Tiles @ £20 per sqm at B&Q.

Here:

http://www.diy.com/departments/quick-step-paso-natural-chestnut-effect-matt-waterproof-luxury-vinyl-tile-2105-m/1354904_BQ.prd

However they only have one style reduced, the Natural Chestnut Effect.

The reduction is 37.5%, from £67.36 for a 2.105sqm pack to £42.10, which is the best price I have seen for these.

I think I will have that for the hallway, bathroom and kitchen floating floor at the Little Brown Bungalow unless it is an awful look.

If anyone is doing it, you may get another 10% off by taking a 60+ person with you on a Wednesday and joining the B&Q Diamond Club, and some more if you have one of their reloadable cashcards. I would not expect a Trade Discount on this, however.

26/7 Add: Now all seem to say "out of stock"

Ferdinand

30-40% off Sandtex Masonry Paint

Both Wickes and B&Q have reductions on this.

Wickes:

Sandtex Textured masonry paint in various colours £30.99 for 1 x 5l tub. 2 for £40 minus the usual 10-25% reductions if you get them.

http://www.wickes.co.uk/Products/Decorating+Interiors/Paint/Exterior-Paint/c/1001119

B&Q:

Similar discounts on Sandtex Masonry paint, but here on the smooth version. 2x5l for £40. Usual reductions for trade etc are less reliable, but oldster Wednesdays should apply.

http://www.diy.com/departments/painting-and-decorating/paint-stains-varnishes-and-wood-treatments/exterior-woodcare-paint-stains-varnishes-and-treatments/masonry-paint/sandtex/_/N-nzdZ1z13hjy

They are also doing similar reductions on Dulux weathershiled if that floats your boat.

10l is a *lot* of masonry paint unless you have a big job to do.

Ferdinand

Edited by Ferdinand

I'm still undecided on the corded, Lidl auto feed screwgun available tomorrow for £30. Not much boarding left to do in the bathroom.

By the time I get around to using it on the lounge / diner knock through (sounds simple, it's not) the 3-year guarantee period will be past :)

Maybe I should just buy the Makita 18V LXT one as and when I need it.

A Suffolk company is set to make millions of pounds after inventing the world’s first cordless garden hose.

The clever device ensures gardeners can water any sized garden, because the nozzle can be taken anywhere without the hosepipe running out.

http://www.suffolkgazette.com/business/cordless-garden-hose/

thought this his might be of interest to some of you!

On 26/07/2017 at 16:16, Onoff said:

I'm still undecided on the corded, Lidl auto feed screwgun available tomorrow for £30. Not much boarding left to do in the bathroom.

By the time I get around to using it on the lounge / diner knock through (sounds simple, it's not) the 3-year guarantee period will be past :)

Maybe I should just buy the Makita 18V LXT one as and when I need it.

I'm going to go for it if there are any left by the weekend. I will let you know how I go, I'm not 100% sold on corded, but the DeWalt one I want is too much to justify

23 hours ago, bassanclan said:

I'm going to go for it if there are any left by the weekend. I will let you know how I go, I'm not 100% sold on corded, but the DeWalt one I want is too much to justify

Bored so I bought one.

EDIT: Seeing what I can come up with now adaptor wise to make a "Makidl" hybrid with an bare LXT drill! :)

EDIT 2: Been playing with the Lidl screw gun "as is" with a strip of 41mm screws . It's a breeze using it tbh. Lightweight, feels and looks like an older style Bosch with it's green/black colouring and rubberised body. I reckon it'd pass the drop test. Got the obligatory new drill smell but it's not struggling or anything. If I'd have this before I'd have put more screws in I reckon.

Second Parkside tool I've got, the corded multi-tool I already have is still in regular use.

Edited by Onoff