Discount Offers of the Week

For some reason I get  a "Door of the Week" offer from Mansfield Howdens, presumably I signed up it in a fit of inattention.

Normally it is Landlord Specials, however this week it is Worcester Oak Doors in all Imperial Sizes for £89.95 + VAT, which may be of interest to some people.

These are the doors:

https://www.howdens.com/doors-joinery-collection/internal-doors/internal-hardwood-doors/worcester-oak-door/

This is the phone number:

01623 629631.

TRADE ONLY, obviously, but a plan to actually buy something may help.

No idea if this is other branches, or actually how competitive the price is but Howdens are usually OK.

If you visit them on Tuesday morning 8-10 you get a free bacon cob, or decent coffee at other times. But no cocktails.

Ferdinand

cheap pillar drill if anyone is feeling brave http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rotary-Pillar-Drill-Drilling-Press-Bench-Machine-Table-3-YEAR-WARRANTY-/322455677341?hash=item4b13db299d:g:BLMAAOSwWxNYzJwA

So cheap I think it must be a scam, or a mistake, so if you give it a try pay with paypal so you will at least get your money back.

27 minutes ago, ProDave said:

cheap pillar drill if anyone is feeling brave http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rotary-Pillar-Drill-Drilling-Press-Bench-Machine-Table-3-YEAR-WARRANTY-/322455677341?hash=item4b13db299d:g:BLMAAOSwWxNYzJwA

So cheap I think it must be a scam, or a mistake, so if you give it a try pay with paypal so you will at least get your money back.

Very dodgy!  False address in "Derby", but a (probably) Chinese member, shipping from outside the UK, who joined Ebay on 18th March and has zero feedback.  Very definitely a scammer, I think.

Edited by JSHarris

4 minutes ago, Tennentslager said:

Tool station are doing 20% off all nails, screws and bolts until 26/3

Oh b*gger, I just bought a box of screws a minute ago and never knew about that! Is there a discount code or anything?

• 1 month later...

Travis Perkins De Walt Drill / Driver clearance.

Here De Walt have a good 18V hammer drill driver and 2x1.5Ah X-RAY batteries for £120 inc VAT.

This is the model which has been my mainstay since 2013. I paid £150 in a Screwfix Sale, and has been excellent. 

https://www.travisperkins.co.uk/DeWalt-DCD785C2-18V-Xr-Li-ion-Compact-Hammer-Drill-Driver/p/550474

Ferdinand

• Like 1

Lidl have some 150mm Parkside circular saw blades for £3.99. 18 or 24T, 20mm bore. 1.6mm thick though which is something to watch if the riving knife on your saw is thicker (say 2mm) as you'll start to cut and the saw will just jam!

2017-04-25_03-47-59.thumb.jpg.014941a51639304c1e4cb4b469ada6dc.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Not really a deal of the week, but ive just tracked down some decent copper pipe prices:

30m 28mm Yorkshire copper pipe £122.30+vat (Monster plumb)

delivered

45m 15mm copper pipe £50.55+vat (direct heating supplies) delivered by plumbcentre so I think it might be Yorkshire pipe, but we'll see when it is delivered tomorrow

IT IS YORKSHIRE

Edited by bassanclan
update

Catalytic clean single Neff oven with a "slide and hide" door for £377 - hardly more than basic Neff ovens.

This may interest particularly @Crofter, who has been looking for appliances suitable for an upmarket holiday rental, just as I am for the Little Brown Bungalow.

Currys have a pyrolitic clean single Neff oven with a "slide and hide" door (apparently that is posh to people who are impressed by posh, and good for narrow kitchens and lifting heavy roasts, but bad for people who serve out on the door) which is flagged as £260 off the £679.99 rrp, plus there is a further 10% discount code, and free delivery.

Here is the oven:  http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/household-appliances/cooking/ovens/neff-b44s32n5gb-slide-hide-electric-oven-stainless-steel-10143345-pdt.html

The price is barely more than non-pyrolitic normal door NEFFs, and comes down to £377 with the discount code BUILT10A for another 10% off.

I have ordered one.

There are various ebay offers at arounf £400, and John Lewis at £449.

If the Voucher expires you can get 5% Topcashback for the next few days, but they do not stack.

Ferdinand 

Edited by Ferdinand
  • Like 1

Only 67 litres, deal breaker :D

we have 2 x B47CR32N0B (I think) and they do make food taste better. And I have to say we bought NEFF and Bosch from our kitchen supplier who were better than any prices I could find online.

Edited by daiking

12 minutes ago, Crofter said:

@Ferdinand thanks for the headsup! MiL has a hide&slide and they are nice, especially in a smaller kitchen.

One wee nit- the link says catalytic liners, this is different to pyrolitic cleaning.

That is a good point. Have amended the post.

John Lewis call it Ceramiclean.

https://www.johnlewis.com/neff-b44s52n5gb-slide-and-hide-single-oven-stainless-steel/p2725525

Neff Details are here:

http://www.neff-home.com/uk/productlist/ovens-compact-ovens/ovens/single-ovens/B44S52N5GB?breadcrumb=cookersandovensovenssingleovens#/Togglebox=591605008/Togglebox=1660410249/

Pyrolitic vs Catalytic is here:

http://www.cookersandovens.co.uk/blog/catalytic-or-pyrolytic/

I think Pyrolitic is a more resolute clean than Catalytic at a higher temperature over a longer period.

For me the slide and hide justifies the tiny extra price over a normal one (Curry's cheapest Neff built-in is £349), and the catalytic is a bonus.

F

Edited by Ferdinand

5 minutes ago, daiking said:

Only 67 litres, deal breaker :D

we have 2 x B47CR32N0B (I think) and they do make food taste better.

Neff have the most bastard system of model names I have ever encountered. I run out of remembering ability at less than that when it has both 0s and Os in it. And when they have scores of models as well.

Presumably the N0B in this one stands for upmarket people who want big ovens :ph34r:.

Edited by Ferdinand

Just now, Ferdinand said:

Neff have the most bastard system of model names I have ever encountered. I run out of ability at less than that when it has both 0s and Os in it.

Presumably the N0B in this one stands for upmarket people who want big ovens :ph34r:.

Its the only willy waving can I muster. 2 of those 'Bake Off' ovens I tell you!

4 minutes ago, daiking said:

Catalytic is fine although the surprisingly frequent requests for an eco-clean can be annoying. Wonder if that's a problem in a passive house?

And probably not in a rental or a "rental by the week", if it lets @Crofter go fishing (or similar) for longer, and helps me keep tenants happy for a couple of years longer before the need for a new one.

Edited by Ferdinand

12 minutes ago, daiking said:

Its the only willy waving can I muster. 2 of those 'Bake Off' ovens I tell you!

Has anybody said "cake or coke?" to Angus Deaton yet?

If not, why not?

Edited by Ferdinand
  • Like 1

I have a neff slide and hide oven. Love it so many different options for cooking meats and baking cakes. Can even make your own yogurt if you are bored out of your mind. Being able to stand so close to the oven to lift the 24lb turkey at Xmas is definitely a bonus.

9 hours ago, daiking said:

Catalytic is fine although the surprisingly frequent requests for an eco-clean can be annoying. Wonder if that's a problem in a passive house?

I've done the pyrolytic 'burn' on ours a few times - does get mighty hot but I just open a window. Usually do it on a sunny morning so the electric is free via PV :)

Edited by Bitpipe

21 minutes ago, Bitpipe said:

I've done the pyrolytic 'burn' on ours a few times - does get mighty hot but I just open a window. Usually do it on a sunny morning so the electric is free via PV :)

I open a lot of windows so that the acrid smell of burning oil/fat leaves the house as quickly as possible.  It's a difficult smell to describe, but I find it extremely unpleasant.