Discount Offers of the Week

I fitted a Wilo pump to pump warm water from the buffer tank through the DHW pre-heat plate heat exchanger, switched by a flow switch in the DHW feed.  It's so quiet that I can't hear it running, and I'm thinking of adding an on indicator light, just to be able to check.  The Wilo is definitely quieter than the low energy Grundfos we have as the UFH circulating pump, although the Grunfos is by no means noisy, you can hear that it's running.

Guest Alphonsox

We've got two Grundfos pumps in the system. The UPS2 unit (radiator pump) can be heard when running. The Grundfos Alpha2 fitted to the UFH is completely silent. The only way to tell its running is the LED power display on the front cover.

I wish I had read these last couple of posts 2 weeks ago.

I deliberately bought a Grundfoss pump as I believed they were the best and disappointed to find I can hear it. Strangely it i quietest on it's fastest setting, at slow speed it has a pronounced drone.  By comparison the "no name" pumps that came with the UFH manifolds are silent.

Guest Alphonsox
8 minutes ago, ProDave said:

I wish I had read these last couple of posts 2 weeks ago.

I deliberately bought a Grundfoss pump as I believed they were the best and disappointed to find I can hear it. Strangely it i quietest on it's fastest setting, at slow speed it has a pronounced drone.  By comparison the "no name" pumps that came with the UFH manifolds are silent.

Have you got them on the correct curves/settings. I found mine was noisy on the constant speed curves but got a lot quieter on the proportional pressure curves. (also got rid of the water hammer issue I was having).

21 minutes ago, Alphonsox said:

Have you got them on the correct curves/settings. I found mine was noisy on the constant speed curves but got a lot quieter on the proportional pressure curves. (also got rid of the water hammer issue I was having).

It has 3 selectable speeds, no mention of curves. Oddly the fastest speed is quietest, at the slower speeds it has a very pronounced irrirating hum.

Guest Alphonsox
3 minutes ago, ProDave said:

It has 3 selectable speeds, no mention of curves. Oddly the fastest speed is quietest, at the slower speeds it has a very pronounced irrirating hum.

Interesting - Which model number did you end up going for ?

Guest Alphonsox
8 minutes ago, ProDave said:

The standard, tried and trusted UPS2

You have done exactly what I did - failed to RTFM ?

You get to the proportional pressure curves as described below.

image.thumb.png.e10ce8164deabfecac2c9a0654a2ae5e.png

tado Smart Thermostat Starter Kit v2 £49.99 (or £39.99 using promo code)

Note that this is V2 not V3 but seems a decent price. 

Use code ACCESSORY20 to drop the price to £39.99 

https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/tado/smart-thermostat-starter-kit-v2#contractType=nonconnected?cm_mmc=affiliate-_-47868-_-blank-_-blank&awc=3235_1529518500_b50db52b1d555db15c8ab568685d3c5d

Screwfix seem to be giving out footballs with every order, including my £7 one.

Fill yer boots.

They are not pumped up however. Who will be first to test a compressor in the shop ?

To be fair, I’d let the World Cup go to hell in a handcart oif we hadn’t been so comprehensively embarrassed by Scotland at cricket last week.

Edited by Ferdinand
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ferdinand said:

Screwfix seem to be giving out footballs with every order, including my £7 one.

Fill yer boots.

They are not pumped up however. Who will be first to test a compressor in the shop ?

To be fair, I’d let the World Cup go to hell in a handcart oif we hadn’t been so comprehensively embarrassed by Scotland at cricket last week.

I turned one down yesterday - if anyone wants one I will be in there again later next week and can grab one.

7 minutes ago, JSHarris said:

I turned one down yesterday - if anyone wants one I will be in there again later next week and can grab one.

You should get it to boot it at any cats that darken your door, but try not to hit the postie ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ProDave said:

Cheap fire rated downlights at Screwfix

https://www.screwfix.com/p/lap-fixed-fire-rated-led-downlight-gloss-white-220lm-2-5w-240v/3701f?_requestid=233988

It has to be a pricing error, fire rated downlight complete with LED lamp for under £3

Just bought some, stock up while it lasts.

They do some odd things for sure. I got my LAP deck lights from them for £14.99 down from I think £49.99. Well, £4.99 as I had a £10 voucher! 

1 hour ago, Triassic said:

I’m about to place a large order for membrane with The Proctor Group Ltd. I notice on their pro forma invoice there’s a % discount box, mine is empty. Has anyone got a discount, if so, how much?

Sign up for an account so they have your email. Stick a big order in the basket but don't buy. Sign out and wait for the introductory discount to drop in your mailbox!

3 minutes ago, Triassic said:

Tried that, nothing! So phoned them, sorry no discount is applicable to your order! Very disappointing!

Email them back, ask them to reconsider as you are about to order and a discount would seal the deal. Nothing ventured ... 

16 minutes ago, newhome said:

Not sure if this is any good (for the price probably not) but it's definitely cheap. If it's rubbish you can just leave it lying around gathering dust :D.

Vileda Robot Vacuum 

https://www.homebargains.co.uk/products/14194-pre-order-vildea-vr101-cleaning-robot.aspx

Even at £30 I’ll give it a miss 

https://the-loadout.com/vileda-vr101-robot-vacuum-cleaner-f5a3a8fe79fd