Discount Offers of the Week

Excellent blowtorch, staple hammer, metal roller.

Postsaver do a "Trade Postsaver Application Kit" which gives you these for £59.99 + VAT:

• Calloni Large Gas Torch Kit - 600mm Stem & 50mm Head. Regulator. 5m butane hose.
  • Chunky Staple Hammer
  • 2500 staples
  • Textured metal roller.

At the Postsaver Shop prices these items add up to about £75+VAT individually.

Elsewhere the Gas Torch alone is about £55 + VAT, so you are getting the rest nearly free.

A good option if you want the torch for roofing etc.

trade-application-kit-everything-you-need-to-apply-postsaver-products-ideal-for-contractors-and-landscapers.-price-including-vat-71.9-40-p.thumb.png.9cdd9ec910c6288a6b3be166ffb5b6f8.png

Edited by Ferdinand

140A inverter welder for £70??? Digital readout etc for easy amp setting. Looks a bit of a bargain. I wonder what they'll say on the welding forum...

https://www.aldi.co.uk/workzone-140-amp-inverter-welder/p/076597143942300

Edit: From comments on the MIG welding forum it seems a steal for the money. There's a question over the duty cycle at full whack but it should suffice for my odd need to weld something. Also the option to add a fan externally. If it goes t!ts up within 3 years I'll put the refund towards a Parweld.

I've just ordered one. If anyone is considering one I can send them a discount code for £10 off of their first Aldi order. Brings it down to £59.99 & that's delivered.

Edited by Onoff

Lidl.....

I use the place quite often as I get off the train and it's there. 

But I reckon they're being sly and whacking their prices up and then by some margin. For instance I bought a hands free Bluetooth thing that clips on the sun visor. Pretty sure it was £9.99. A few months later it's back but at £11.99!

Same with a USB video grabber. Was £14.99 now £16.99.

The items aren't constantly in stock. Admittedly they work really well. I reckon it's a case of you tell all your mates how good such and such is so when they restock etc. 

Croissants have gone up too, were 29p now 35p! :(

Edited by Onoff

It's quite a clever marketing strategy. Flash something unusual and at a tempting price in front of someone, with the promise that if they don't buy it today they may never see it, and you'd be surprised how many people will spring for it. I've got a router and pillar drill both used once or twice max, an air driven impact wrench never taken out the box, various smaller bits and bobs, all bought 'just in case'. And of course it means they don't have the costs of stocking these things permanently.

As the song goes "now the shed is full of plastic sh*t I didn't really want..."

• Like 1

A reminder that the Aldi DIY Special Buy is today, including:

Welder for £70.

24l Compressor for £80.

Mini Bench Grinder for £27.

Cordless 20v tools including Recip Saw, Grinder.

Air tools.

20m extension reel of air hose "10.

Also consumables such as:

Pack of approx 150 x Welding Electrodes 3.2 x 350mm £8.99.

Pack of 11 thin cutting disks £3.99.

Assorted pack of 11 disks also £3.99.

20m ropes for £3.99 - duct cord perhaps.

Puncture proof wheelbarrow wheels @£15.

And lots of types of tape.

https://www.aldi.co.uk/c/specialbuys/diy

I find here, with about half a dozen Aldis in a few miles, that there can be a significant time difference before they sell out. Some things go in a day in some places, others stick around for a week or more.

I am heading down, and probably coming back poorer.

Add: the coming back poorer hunch was correct :/.

Ferdinand

Edited by Ferdinand
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, dpmiller said:

looks like a clone of the Lidl one I bought a year or so back, in which case it was an absolute steal at £30 as it really punches above it's weight in CFMs.

Should have been £79.95 so I'd say so!

A weird chain of events...I recommended the Aldi welder to the BiL. Under their referral reward system he gets £10 off of his first order over £45 if I email him. So he got his for £59.95. I then got an unexpected £10 voucher. I figured it'd be the same thing as in you'd have to spend £90 to use two vouchers. I posted the Aldi link on the car and welding forums and loads of people asked me to email them so they could buy the welder at £10 off.

When I read the small print in the T&Cs it said referral rewards are accumulative. Anyway you can ONLY get up to £1500 in referral rewards!

So...I used 5 referral rewards and got £50 off. Since then I've a few more so that'll but some air tools.

Result I think is the word!

Edited by Onoff
  • Like 3

23 hours ago, Ferdinand said:

A reminder that the Aldi DIY Special Buy is today, including:

Welder for £70.

24l Compressor for £80.

Mini Bench Grinder for £27.

Cordless 20v tools including Recip Saw, Grinder.

Air tools.

20m extension reel of air hose "10.

Also consumables such as:

Pack of approx 150 x Welding Electrodes 3.2 x 350mm £8.99.

Pack of 11 thin cutting disks £3.99.

Assorted pack of 11 disks also £3.99.

20m ropes for £3.99 - duct cord perhaps.

Puncture proof wheelbarrow wheels @£15.

And lots of types of tape.

https://www.aldi.co.uk/c/specialbuys/diy

I find here, with about half a dozen Aldis in a few miles, that there can be a significant time difference before they sell out. Some things go in a day in some places, others stick around for a week or more.

I am heading down, and probably coming back poorer.

Add: the coming back poorer hunch was correct :/.

Ferdinand

OK. Been through the stuff.

The cordless tools seem OK though may not last years and years and buying all 3 means I have 3x batteries.

The rope is not as cheap as can be done elsewhere. Will be returned.

The packs of grinder disks seem fine.

The saw horses will be OK, but are not any cheaper than similar at other places.

I have yet to test the vaccuum cleaner, but about £30 is impressively less than a Charles.

The (£25) steps are very impressive, not hugely high but solid, and have treads which are 30cm x 20cm so suitable for people with Clown Feet like me.

Ferdinand

I've been warned off the welding rods as it seems to be pot luck as to quality. Allegedly they have different makers make the rods according to the best deal they can get. Accordingly sometimes the rod's will be good and other times not.

• 2 weeks later...

Wickes clearance for taps and other items.

Various lines of tap are in clearance. And other bathroom bits. And other products.

Link: http://www.wickes.co.uk/Products/Bathrooms/Bathroom-Clearance/c/1039004

I just picked up a "Kubik bath filler" (ie mixer tap no shower attachment) for £40, down from a previous price of £150+. 10 year guarantee, and hunky-chunky.

It seems this has been on for some time and I missed it. What is left is what is left. Though there are a few deliverable, most are collect in store. Useful for cloakrooms utilities where you only need one item.

At our local Wickes some bright spark has been through everything and picked out all the matching sets for their stock.

18 minutes ago, PeterW said:

They are rebadged Chinese units that aren’t great - you can get similar on eBay for £129 delivered ...

Yep, Peter is right. Thats FAR from a bargain. Screwfix sell exactly the same thing badged Titan for £110.00

https://www.screwfix.com/p/titan-ttb674tas-254mm-table-saw-230-240v/9486J?kpid=9486J&ds_rl=1245250&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIicXa7Jft1gIV1woqCh2dRwISEAQYASABEgKGxvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=COT1rvGX7dYCFQZ6wQodswwAIw

If anyone sees any good offers for Bamboo flooring, I'd be glad to have the heads up.  We'll be ordering in the next month or so. will need 24 sq metres of Natural strand woven and plan to get the Uniclic system as it does not need glueing down.  Keep checking with Simply Bamboo and The Bamboo Flooring Co but neither have much off. 

5 hours ago, TheMitchells said:

If anyone sees any good offers for Bamboo flooring, I'd be glad to have the heads up.  We'll be ordering in the next month or so. will need 24 sq metres of Natural strand woven and plan to get the Uniclic system as it does not need glueing down.  Keep checking with Simply Bamboo and The Bamboo Flooring Co but neither have much off. 

I'm in the same boat. The Bamboo Flooring Co. never seem to have offers on  natural strand woven.

@PeterStarckWe were thinking of visiting the shop in Leicester as family live near there so we are often in that area.   Let me know how much you need and I'll see if they'll do a deal on a larger order? we need to get it ordered sometime next month, I think. 

Edited by TheMitchells

Set of 11 (eleven) Oak Veneer 5 horizontal panel Howden's doors on ebay.

Current bid £41. 3 days to go. Chester.

Perhaps a steal for the right person. Standard size, so if I had a lockup I'd have these. 

11 Oak Veneer doors supplied originally from Howdens. They all come with handles and hinges. Obviously used and not new, so come with useage marks.

I have new doors so these are no longer required and currently in storage.

Door as measured

762 x 194.

685 x 197

760 x 197

760 x 196

760 x 196

760 x 196

755 x 196

760 x 196

760 x 196

835 x 198 (Fully glazed, clear glass)

600 x 198

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/11-Howdens-Oak-veneer-Doors/272897675260?hash=item3f89f80ffc:g:oXYAAOSwNkJZ7Nth

Edited by Ferdinand