Discount Offers of the Week

32 minutes ago, daiking said:

Cheap 100mm base layer loft insulation at wickes

Was in my local builders merchants and got onto the subject of how little insulation was in my house and how i needed to sort it asap as today the pipes are frozen in the loft..... they sent me away with 15 packs of insulation for free ! Happy days.  

FBF049E9-AF03-4876-A606-CB0BC326E107.jpeg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Visti said:

The person you spoke to... they did work there, didn't they??

Errrrrrr.......yes ! 

1 hour ago, ProDave said:

Care to mention which BM is giving away free insulation?

Most BM do a stock take every 3 months and its really alarming what gets written off, i know everyone from the managers to the drivers and during stock take they put stuff aside for me rather than bin it. This quarter there was an alarming amount of paint, some with strange names like “candy crush”  that will make the kids room look bright..... but also 50 litres of sandtex white trade masonry  paint that will do both my houses and save me a small fortune. Admittedly you get some stuff you wonder how on earth your going to use it.... like 10 litres of white solar reflective paint.......  The insulation was a late return, late being they had stopped stocking that product by the time it was returned and it had been sitting in a corner collecting dust for 18 months. Also got 75 meters of planed 215mm x 20mm because it was dusty. Madness but great for me.   

1 hour ago, Onoff said:

It's what he had to do for it worries me! ;)

A bottle of quality whiskey for the manager and £50 each year towards the staff Christmas party. 

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Wickes have 15% off everything this weekend on the website, with the voucher code EXTRA15. It runs until BH Monday.

It does not stack on top of the 10% Trade Discount, but it *will* stack with the extra 10% you get for using a reusable cash card via an employer or other scheme (this latter was discussed last year and in 2016 - eg search this topic for "Westfield").

My Trade Pro email says the 15% off is operating in store too, but for Traders will be replacing the usual 10%.

A good opportunity for Velux Roof Window flashings which are on clearance or other things on 3 for 2s etc. It will bring postcrete down to £3.50 or £3.20 a bag for 3 or more, for example. And they have existing bulk discounts on things like rockwool insulation and paint. I'll be bagging a £30 incinerator for £15.

There are also offers on kitchens, but I am always cynical about those.

Ferdinand

Edited by Ferdinand

16 minutes ago, Cpd said:

Anybody got a discount code for screw-fix,  needing to buy a vacuum for removing dust / shavings from my router table  £94.99....... 

https://www.screwfix.com/p/titan-ttb431vac-1400w-40ltr-wet-dry-vacuum-cleaner-240v/39587

this one fits my needs but can wait. Cheers 

Vacmaster is my recommendation which I got after returning the smaller Titan vacuum which I thought was a load of shite! Much cheaper:D

7 minutes ago, JIH said:

Vacmaster is my recommendation which I got after returning the smaller Titan vacuum which I thought was a load of shite! Much cheaper:D

That Vacmaster looks identical to the Lidl Parkside one, but with the addition of a PTO socket.

55 minutes ago, JIH said:

Vacmaster is my recommendation which I got after returning the smaller Titan vacuum which I thought was a load of shite!

Looks good but expensive bags and only 20 liters.... just realised my router is 2400 watts and the very useful PTO is only rated to 1400 watts on this model and  1600 watts on the titan so that is a bit disappointing... may need to rethink my plan. Thanks for the warning and the nod towards the Vacmaster.   

• 4 weeks later...

Aldi Special Buts this week include a Sliding Mitre Saw for £99.99.

And a stand for £39.99.

This one is I think the one:

https://www.aldi.co.uk/workzone-8"-sliding-mitre-saw/p/082732199881100?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIz7-fp8rd2gIVqrvtCh2pkwYZEAQYASABEgI2RfD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=COHmy6nK3doCFckD0wodff8KsA

No idea about the quality.

16 minutes ago, Temp said:

Can't be sure from the photos but can you set any angle or just a few preset angles?

Not that I know ANYTHING about Mitre Saws (or any other type of saws actually) but I saw this posted somewhere else:

I can confirm this is a red coloured Scheppach HM80MP.

The stand is a red coloured Scheppach UMF1600.

22 hours ago, Ferdinand said:

Aldi Special Buts this week include a Sliding Mitre Saw for £99.99.

And a stand for £39.99.

This one is I think the one:

https://www.aldi.co.uk/workzone-8"-sliding-mitre-saw/p/082732199881100?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIz7-fp8rd2gIVqrvtCh2pkwYZEAQYASABEgI2RfD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=COHmy6nK3doCFckD0wodff8KsA

No idea about the quality.

I'd buy an Evolution for the same money tbh. At least you could cut metal too.

https://www.screwfix.com/p/evolution-r210sms-210mm-single-bevel-sliding-compound-mitre-saw-230v/2965v

• 3 weeks later...

For anyone near Nottingham, Collins cash and carry have Leyland trade Super Leytex magnolia 15 litres for £12 (Inc vat)

They also have Leyland Trade vinyl matt 2.5l for £3 Inc vat in a few selected shades, mushroom, pale beige, cream and another which I forget.