Discount Offers of the Week

32 minutes ago, jack said:

If anyone's thinking about getting into the Makita 18 V ecosystem, this would be a great way to start.

every time I pop in to SF I see this deal and am tempted but seeing as the majority of my tools are Erbauer I can't justify moving to another ecosystem! it is a darn good deal though.

54 minutes ago, ProDave said:

I wonder if I could buy this for £140, take out one battery, put the drill, one battery and case on ebay for £140 and anyone would be stupid enough to buy it?

Very possible. I've seen dumber behaviour from eBay buyers!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, PeterW said:

Anyone wanting Makita LXT batteries this is a bargain

Good shout out, I needed a new secondary drill as i have a massive property and it can be guaranteed that when you need the drill someone is using it at the far end of nowhere…… wasted far to long wandering round looking for the only cordless drill…. And two more batteries to boot. Not sure about the charger as I have two already….. 

34 minutes ago, Cpd said:

Good shout out, I needed a new secondary drill as i have a massive property and it can be guaranteed that when you need the drill someone is using it at the far end of nowhere…… wasted far to long wandering round looking for the only cordless drill…. And two more batteries to boot. Not sure about the charger as I have two already….. 

Good point. If I were still building, I'd definitely be grabbing this deal, despite already have two batteries, an impulse driver and a heavy drill. A lighter drill like this would be ideal for lighter-weight repetitive jobs, plus as you say, having two drills is useful anyway

Also, 5 Ah batteries are great if you ever plan on buying battery-powered garden tools, or use heavier power tools such as a circular saw (mine chews through battery life like no-one's business).

20 minutes ago, jack said:

Good point. If I were still building, I'd definitely be grabbing this deal, despite already have two batteries, an impulse driver and a heavy drill. A lighter drill like this would be ideal for lighter-weight repetitive jobs, plus as you say, having two drills is useful anyway

Also, 5 Ah batteries are great if you ever plan on buying battery-powered garden tools, or use heavier power tools such as a circular saw (mine chews through battery life like no-one's business).

ahhh...man. you're quite convincing in your argument here and you might be winning in getting me to spend money!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jack said:

5 Ah batteries are great

Second that for the heavy duty tools. I 'treated' myself to a Makita DCE090ZX1 2 x 18v 230mm Brushless Disc Cutter mainly because I was choking on the dust thrown off by cutting concrete patio slabs with a 240V disc cutter. The Makita being low voltage has a water jet like the big boy's petrol cutters. Trouble is, it does about 10 slabs to the charge!

Still, 12 x 18V 5AH batteries = roughly 1kWh for ~ £840 is interesting to compare with current solar battery storage at +£1K/kWh. Not worth the hassle though.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, pocster said:

Are you fit now ?

Blind, it registers wrist movement.

39 minutes ago, jayc89 said:

He lost 20 pounds!

30 in all.

37 minutes ago, pocster said:

And he still can’t pull the birds !

That book was written in Helston.

54 minutes ago, Thorfun said:

got this is an email shot from Toolden.

image.thumb.png.619d8217011e2b4abda2f8fca548cf0f.png

might interest the black and yellow brigade of which @pocster is the leader

I’ve got most of the Dewalt range . But I’ll take a look - could always sell the combo drill on shite bay . Black & Gold ; it’s called ; not (expletive deleted)ing yellow !

• Haha 1