Discount Offers of the Week

1 minute ago, ProDave said:

^^ Yesterday's text from Howdens told me it was PIE DAY, "come and have a free pie on us" and it's 2 for one on Reiser Screws.

Yep.

Always free real coffee and nice little packets of biscuits here, plus a free bacon sandwich van on Wed and Fri mornings !

We were taking about stained glass on the other thread.

This ship window DG unit at about 1.1m x .8m is about to expire on Ebay at 8pm with no bids except for the starter for £100.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/double-glazed-stained-glass-with-brand-new-UPVC-frame-/142255675402

Local collection from Torquay.

F

ship-window.jpg

Edited by Ferdinand

44 minutes ago, Alphonsox said:

DIY offers from Lidl starting on the 5th Feb. Cheap Parkside multitools, Mitre saw, Bench drill etc.

http://www.lidl.co.uk/en/our-offers-2491.htm?id=1063

Time to stock up on blades got my multitool then. Thanks.

P.S I used my little 12V cordless drill first time in anger last weekend to screw my garage ceiling up. Very pleased with it.

+1 on Saxton blades. I seem to remember it was JH put me onto them on the old site.

I wish they would do a wood blade that would cut through 45/50mm without having to have it come up against the spot welded bit though. Maybe they do...

Edited by Onoff

52 minutes ago, Onoff said:

+1 on Saxton blades. I seem to remember it was JH put me onto them on the old site.

I wish they would do a wood blade that would cut through 45/50mm without having to have it come up against the spot welded bit though. Maybe they do...

'twas indeed me, but to give credit where credit is due, it was our electrician, Nick Ryan, who tipped me off about them, and I then relayed it on after I bought a stack of them and found them to be a heck of a lot better, and cheaper, than the Bosch blades.

RE the lidl stuff. Their Baufix brand is exceptional. The thinner I bought melts and cleans almost anything.

If you have ever cursed at the gummy resin left behind after peeling a bar code sticker off of an Ikea product, fear no more.

One wipe with this stuff and it's gone forever. Smells like stink (pear drop sweetie) but I'm getting another one for spare...top tip?

19 minutes ago, Tennentslager said:

RE the lidl stuff. Their Baufix brand is exceptional. The thinner I bought melts and cleans almost anything.

If you have ever cursed at the gummy resin left behind after peeling a bar code sticker off of an Ikea product, fear no more.

One wipe with this stuff and it's gone forever. Smells like stink (pear drop sweetie) but I'm getting another one for spare...top tip?

Yeh... you want to see the MSDS for it !!! Xylene, Acetone, Ethyl Acetate and Toluene if my German is not too shabby ...

Hazardous components for labeling

XYLOL; CAS no. : 1330-20-7

HYDROCARBONS, C6-C7, N-ALKANE, ISO-ALKANE, CYCLIC COMPOUNDS, <5% N-HEXAN, (CAS #

64742-49-0)

BUTAN-1-OL; CAS no. : 71-36-3

MSDS Info

2 minutes ago, PeterW said:

Yeh... you want to see the MSDS for it !!! Xylene, Acetone, Ethyl Acetate and Toluene if my German is not too shabby ...

HYDROCARBONS, C6-C7, N-ALKANE, ISO-ALKANE, CYCLIC COMPOUNDS, <5% N-HEXAN, (CAS #

64742-49-0)

MSDS Info

Jeez the headaches I used to get with Xylene based paint! Just got given tins and a brush. No COSHH data! 

11 minutes ago, PeterW said:

64742-49-0)

MSDS Info

Exactly, exceptional stuff...used sparingly? once tried it on a greenback (the name I use for the things they sell in ten packs for washing dishes) to scrub some engineered reused flooring and the sponge thingy just melted! Impressive

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tennentslager said:

Exactly, exceptional stuff...used sparingly? once tried it on a greenback (the name I use for the things they sell in ten packs for washing dishes) to scrub some engineered reused flooring and the sponge thingy just melted! Impressive

That looks interesting.

We always had cans of acetone around from the GRP business.

F

Triassic - if you've got a medium-sized car or bigger, couldn't you just put them in the back of your car if the seats go down.  I used 125mm feather edge boards on my shed and you'd need maybe 80 boards for a 6 by 8 shed?  Probably not that close to you, but I got my boards from Berry's in Leyland where you can inspect each and every board before you pick it - and you need to as some are a bit naff.

Edited by DavidFrancis

@DavidFrancis I've used Berrys in Leyland for loads of stuff, they are probably one of the very best builders merchants in the U.K. Unfortunately it's a 100mile round trip. I had looked in three local timber merchants (20mile round trip) but none had tantalised weatherboard in stock, hence  my desire to find an online supplier who will deliver at a reasonable cost.

3 hours ago, Declan52 said:

Got one of those when I signed up 2 years ago. Was very disappointed that it was only an FM radio (in spite of saying "digital" on the box, whatever that refers to) so it went on ebay and I got £100 for it.  also while it would run from the battery, it would NOT charge it when plugged into the mains.

On the subject of offers, Wickes are doing 3 for the price of 2 on all paint until 21st February,

1 hour ago, ProDave said:

Got one of those when I signed up 2 years ago. Was very disappointed that it was only an FM radio (in spite of saying "digital" on the box, whatever that refers to) so it went on ebay and I got £100 for it.  also while it would run from the battery, it would NOT charge it when plugged into the mains.

On the subject of offers, Wickes are doing 3 for the price of 2 on all paint until 21st February,

There is a link inside you had to reconnect, apparently they had to remove it due to some patent or other dewalt held.

Digital, yes, I think that refers to the display, lol.

I've just rang my mate to see if his daughter has any more freebies this time, (she works at howdens)  , she got him a drill last time, and me the radio, maybe swap it about this time, :)

IMG_4540.thumb.JPG.a9add6abe47a778d897d59a17c61dbb3.JPGThis Hwam stove at £500 plus vat has to be discount offer of the week. Original retail would have been about £3.5k.

Admin - shoot me if I m not allowed to post this but it will be on eBay shortly so though first dabs here....

• Like 1