Discount Offers of the Week

42 minutes ago, Onoff said:

I'll take 1. PayPal alright?

Minimum of 50, you cheapskate.

top tip, I keep a 20 (euro) cent coin in the car for use as a trolley token in lieu of a pound coin. That way I can't spend it.

13 hours ago, daiking said:

Minimum of 50, you cheapskate.

top tip, I keep a 20 (euro) cent coin in the car for use as a trolley token in lieu of a pound coin. That way I can't spend it.

Jeez, I missed that,

SWMBO went mad with me a while back, she sent.me shopping and I got 5 trolleys, just because they weren't on the list,

But at only a quid each I couldn't not buy them,,,,,,, 

Email today from Wickes

We've got an extra 15% all tiles and flooring online including existing offers* to help you get your project done for less. Hurry offer ends on 2nd Jan 2017.

Start planning your project today.

From your Wickes team

In Screwfix's clearance section they've 3 blinding Bosch cordless drills. A good deal if you just want a drill and not looking to build up a set of cordless tools:

All 18V:

x2 1.5Ah - £99.00

x1 4.0Ah - £79.99

x1 3.0Ah - £69.99

A respectable 67Nm too.

EDIT: I have the 3.0Ah one as a general jobbing drill at work and it's really good, stubby too.

Edited by Onoff
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Wickes are offering discount cards at the counter which offer 15% off all purchases over £10 in Jan, Feb and Mar.

It does not stack with trade discount, but it should stack with eg 5 for 4s and so on.

My purchase today: £9.98. Gah !

(Note: just my local branch during refurbishmemt See below.).

F

Edited by Ferdinand

Wickes: A specific and a general.

One of my local Wickes's (Sutton-in-Ashfield) has 15% extra off from now until the end of March. This is because they are refurbishing and finding things has gone mad temporarily - cannot be stacked on a Trade Discount and requires a min purchase of £10. The vouchers are distributed at the counter.

So anyone planning a big purchase may have reason for a trip. Or two trips :-). Or one trip to buy a sample tile for £2 then a return after leaving to the car park for the £6k kitchen (or they might give you one anyway).

Is this Wickes "refurbishment discount" something that occurs regularly? Surely there must always be a branch being refurbished within a hour or so nearly everywhere (except isolated bits of Scotland?).

Ferdinand

Edited by Ferdinand

Looks like the contents of Alltools (tools shop) in Sheffield are up for auction here: https://www.bidspotter.co.uk/en-gb/auction-catalogues/timed/charterfields/catalogue-id-charte10023

There are loads of Bosch, Makita and other branded tools for sale (240V, 110V and cordless), along with lots of sundries (bits, discs, general tools and hardware).

The auction is under way now, with items finishing over the next few hours, so you'll need to get your skates on if interested.

1 hour ago, jack said:

Looks like the contents of Alltools (tools shop) in Sheffield are up for auction here: https://www.bidspotter.co.uk/en-gb/auction-catalogues/timed/charterfields/catalogue-id-charte10023

There are loads of Bosch, Makita and other branded tools for sale (240V, 110V and cordless), along with lots of sundries (bits, discs, general tools and hardware).

The auction is under way now, with items finishing over the next few hours, so you'll need to get your skates on if interested.

LOoking at these.

The stung is 15% buyers premium plus VAT which is another 35% plus.

There are bare brushless drill and impact driver Marita sets at £60 start, but for about 280 you get that plus 3 batteries plus a case plus a charger from a shop new. Saving may only be 50 to 100. THen you have to fetch from Sheffield.

But there are a number of SK102Z laser levels from Marita RRP approx 100 starting at 60 ukp. ALso prob very marginal.

Ferdinand

Yes, definitely needs some looking at the numbers, and only makes sense if you can attend in person.

Some looked they were going cheaply even considering the fees, but I didn't look to closely since it's nowhere near me.

And hey, surely you're the king of saving a few percent here and there! :)

Guest Alphonsox

Amazon are giving £10 off a £50 spend today only (22/1/2017) for most stuff sold and dispatched by www.amazon.co.uk (Code BIGTHANKS)

Got myself a spare Makita battery last time they did this. Today it's going to be a plinth heater.

Just bought the right angled bit holder in Lidl (not the keyless right angled chuck). Really heavy duty tbh. Similar in style to the DeWalt one I mentioned above but made from a very, very tough plastic. I actually thought it was metal to start off with. Might not take as much torque as the DeWalt (which I've not managed to kill yet!) One advantage over the DeWalt is the bits stick out a tad further. £3.99.

http://www.lidl.co.uk/en/our-offers-2491.htm?action=showDetail&id=41136

I only went in for some beer! :)

I got one of those, and I could not resist the £25 cordless drill. A cute little thing and it seems to have quite a bit of torque, more of a lightweight screwdriver really, but it seems well built.  I'll bet the tiny 2AH battery won't last long though.

42 minutes ago, ProDave said:

I got one of those, and I could not resist the £25 cordless drill. A cute little thing and it seems to have quite a bit of torque, more of a lightweight screwdriver really, but it seems well built.  I'll bet the tiny 2AH battery won't last long though.

The 12V one? I like the Parkside stuff tbh. Can't fault the multi tool I have. Their screwdriver bit sets are cheap, pretty comprehensive and good quality IMO. 

What is naff is their combined drill/countersink bits. Weirdest flute form I've ever seen.

24 minutes ago, ProDave said:

yes this one. http://www.lidl.co.uk/en/our-offers-2491.htm?action=showDetail&id=41131&ar=11

It's like I said on another thread. £25 is about the cost of a cheap battery. the drill comes free. At that price when the battery croaks, get a complete new drill.

Ooh! I didn't notice it had a light on it, might have swung it. Tbh I was in need of Guinness. Also bought a pomelo.....