Discount Offers of the Week

2 hours ago, Temp said:

If you need car tyres... Try the promo code "Flash10" at Black circles for 10% off.  They currently have a headline offer of £40 off four tyres but if you only need two then try Flash10 which seems to give 10% off two tyres.

I needed 4 new boots for the Disco recently and the cheapest place was ASDA tyres. https://www.asdatyres.co.uk 

Buy (or pay the fitting center direct) and use a local fitter from their list (and there was plenty to choose from).

Painless and less than any other local or online provider.

P.S. I never shop in ASDA, went in one once. Very big and scary, way too much choice and full of window lickers :D 

• Haha 1

Thanks. Did check ASDA but for the tyres i was after they seem to be exactly the same price.

PS. My 17 year old kids are on a £7 a month ASDA phone tariff. Bit of a pain to administer but otherwise OK.

Edited by Temp

• 3 weeks later...

I missed the tyre offer, I was waiting for it to order Crossclimates before winter.

The tyres are also a good bit cheaper than Blackcircles even before the discount.

It lets you order them for a later date if you don't need them today. It seems happy to let me order them for November fitting.

While I was getting my tyres fitted the phone rang several time with people who had a Groupon code. The receptionist kept telling them they must bring some sort of security number with them. I havent investigated but it must be a significant discount as there were at least three callers asking about it in the short time I was waiting.

I got about 27,000 miles out of the fronts on my Ford smax and 31,000 out of the rears. Rears would have lasted longer but was getting assymetric wear due to a tracking issue. They were Bridgestones. 

36 minutes ago, Temp said:

PS: Back in the days of the Morris 1300 my dad claimed to get 47,000 miles on a set of tyres. Oh and he would tow a caravan with it. Scary.

That is because the MM weighed little, was RWD, and ran on crossplys.

If you remember, Formula 1 only started using radials in the late 1980s or early 1990s, can't quite remember when.  It is one reason that they could easily run a race distance on a set.

2 minutes ago, SteamyTea said:

I think you will find the Morris 1300 was front wheel drive,  not the Morris minor. The Morris minor was the first road car to have torsion bar suspension on the front and with a set of radials cornered really well (I had one with an M.G. engine in it, trouble was understeer!!!).

6 minutes ago, SteamyTea said:

If you remember, Formula 1 only started using radials in the late 1980s or early 1990s, can't quite remember when.  It is one reason that they could easily run a race distance on a set.

The Morris 1300 was FWD and initially ran on crossplys. Radials started in the 1950s. IIRC the last MM were 1100cc.

Sorry cross posted.

Edited by PeterStarck

I got 40,000 miles from the (original) set I just changed and they were still legal for a bit longer but were getting close to needing to be changed so I got them swapped before winter arrived. Rears would have lasted a bit longer but decided that a full swap was best. 

53 minutes ago, newhome said:

Dyson cordless stick vacuum £149.99 with code MSE50

It's not the latest model and the charge only lasts 20 minutes on this one (but how long to you want to vaccum for anyway ....?). It's very cheap compared to the latest models however which are £££. 

Cordless Dyson Offer

Ive been swerving the V6 for ages now waiting for a deal on v8.

The Dyson Ebay outlet sell refurb V6s for £140 but you get regular 10% discount offers (the Ebay app offer posted above for instance) bringing it down to £126 for the especially price sensitive.

Just now, daiking said:

The Dyson Ebay outlet sell refurb V6s for £140 but you get regular 10% discount offers (the Ebay app offer posted above for instance) bringing it down to £126 for the especially price sensitive.

Have to admit I'm not keen on refurbs. Would rather pay the bit extra for new and with the extra year guarantee. I have the V6 (bought in early 2015 when it was the latest model). Cost me just shy of £300. It's still going strong though so I haven't felt the need to upgrade.  

• Thanks 1