Discount Offers of the Week

Hulsta Sale.

Prompted by @Moira Niedzwiecka's bed thread, I see that Hulsta have a summer sale with a third off, and an ex-demo sale at 50%+ off.

And there is a showroom in Northampton near to Moira. It is all *very* nice stuff:

https://www.webstore.hulsta.co.uk/our-biggest-ever-summer-savings/

Though it is a slightly different end of the market to the bed Moira has posted from Wayfair, I recommend these, and it fits an "invest in what you touch most" idea. They are in the sort of Aga or Saab+ bracket. Parents bought one for the (separate for both sides) orthopedic mattresses (pull a puller and it sits you up for your cup of tea or book - electric version available) back in the 1980s and now mum has to sleep semi-prone it is just what she needs. 

For some of us this is probably in the "windowshopping for things I do not need to buy" or "just what I need" category. 

Ferdinand

Hulsta-flex-base-frame-adjustable.jpg

Edited by Ferdinand

@Ferdinand Very nice. Just the sort of things I am looking for.

However, even the ex display items are way out of my reach.

I am more a Neff/Yaris kind of a gal.

I have just bought Ikea Pax wardrobe carcasses & inners.

I intend to have them hidden behind a wall of birch ply.

I am going to ask my joiner friend if he can make a bed to match similar to the one I posted.

I am hoping he will be able to build something like below as well.

modern-wall-units-jesse2.jpg

If anyone's looking a bargain on an ASHP...

I've happened upon an unused showroom model Lailey and Coates inverter monobloc. Unfortunately it's a 6kW unit and so a bit small for me to take advantage of. I'll not quote the price I was offered it at but suffice it that it was *well* under a grand inc shipping to NI. Complete but untested.

Contact is Richard at greensquare.co.uk if anyone fancies taking a punt on it.

• Like 1

My local Aldi at Sevenoaks. Have these 20V cordless multi tools in for just £7.99. down from I think £25. I bought it without a battery (£15) and without a charger (£?).

Looks alright. Quick change tool holder. Bought as another "one day" project. As in design and make a 3D printed adapter to use Makita 18V batteries. Or wait until someone else designs one!

IMG_20190802_130642308.thumb.jpg.0f7c4953eb09e57aa62adbdcae4cbd2f.jpg

IMG_20190802_130707304.thumb.jpg.67aabd81a44e5a00aeb0d52106b38a83.jpg

Not exactly a current discount offer, but I just had news breaking that Lidl is going to sell all their warehouse leftovers (stuff where only 4-5items are left in each district-so not worth it collecting them to redistribute to stores) in 4-5 selected stores(mostly the stores next to their warehouses).

The offer will reduce items to fixed price from 20p-20£ max. For example they had a few TVs that sold for 200quid on  black Friday which will come out for 20£. So it s going to be huge discounts, just to get rid of excess stock.

should start in end of August /beginning of September and will be  a weekly ongoing thing.

I know of Bristol Avonmouth and Weston super mare store being on the list of getting this allocation. Might need some further investigation to find out which Lidl in your area gets blessed with this.

Thursdays is the day (apparently) when the stock will be coming out. So I will keep my eyes open and report back.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

(Side note: @pocster added to my "ignore messages" list for the next 2 days. I am familiar with the "malicious communications" laws. ?????. ?)

My second bathroom refurb of the year is coming up, so I am back looking at the auctions.

This bathroom auction finishes in about 2 days, and it has 900+ items in it. There seem to be a lot of good designer radiators (eg tall and thin) with reserve prices of around £20. There are also half a dozen Crittall style shower screens with reserves of £50 or so scattered throughout. Baths seems to have reservces of £200 for retail prices of £500-700. Some vanity units and decent mirrored wall-cabinets. Lots of showers. But shower trays and screens generally better purchased new. Charges add 40%.  

https://www.bidspotter.co.uk/en-gb/auction-catalogues/timed/william-george-auctions/catalogue-id-wi412727

and another on the next day I have not looked at yet

https://www.bidspotter.co.uk/en-gb/auction-catalogues/timed/william-george-auctions/catalogue-id-wi412729

There is also a Classic Car auction ending in 2 days.

https://www.bidspotter.co.uk/en-gb/auction-catalogues/timed/william-george-auctions/catalogue-id-wi412568

There is a Triumph Stag which has been apparently "tarred and feathered" in a Ribena Factory. Guide price a mere £8500.

https://www.bidspotter.co.uk/en-gb/auction-catalogues/william-george-auctions/catalogue-id-wi412568/lot-edeea14d-d90d-49b6-9d49-aa9b00f2dad1

2c7ad6ee-b73f-4b12-bfad-aa9b00f77942.png  

8b7f1115-4b7d-4fcc-99b6-aa9b00f77b88.png

My object of lust is the Pagoda Mercedez 230SL, which has unfortunately already reaches 41k.

70adf857-922a-49ec-99c5-aa9b00f5a543.png

Several Ferrari 355s, and a Green Goddess starting bid £4500.

1d28ad05-b3da-4164-a735-aa9600a1edb3.jpg

There is also a commercial auction with all sorts of goodies.

https://www.bidspotter.co.uk/en-gb/auction-catalogues/timed/william-george-auctions/catalogue-id-wi412583

And there is a closed-down Sushi restaurant coming down the track, for anyone who wants a special feature for their self-build.

Edited by Ferdinand
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, AliG said:

Looks like I was in there then edited out. Painful!

I like the Merc, but I prefer the slightly later model as driven by Bobby Ewing.

image.jpeg.e586fff9fc485a7c7af338c1e5b7ea9e.jpeg

OK I'll 'fess up. This para was post-self-censored.

You really shouldn't have asked that. Or perhaps I should not have posted it.

"Coming back to @pocster, if he wants to flood his basement and have a stag party (or @AliG with his swimming pool), there is an entire pallet of 140 "sensational inflatables" blow up ladies. - (very Dallas). Starting price £60. And hundreds of pairs of MMA fighting shorts, a dozen or more really high end BBQs, and 220m of assorted scotia beading.

You  did ask...

Edited by Ferdinand
  • Haha 1

I did some work for a guy with a collection of classic cars including a Merc like that.  If I could have had my pick of his collection it would have been that.  When he started selling them off, he told mt the Merc sold for about £100K

If anyone needs to organise their screws there is also a pallet of 440 no of 12-compartment organiser-boxes?

They will then need something to organise their organiser boxes.

Hell is a branch of Ikea that consists entirely of recursive organiser systems, which never have anything else inside. Modern take on Sisyphus.

1b9d22ba-950f-4fd6-92ee-aaa0011be299.jpg

Edited by Ferdinand

3 hours ago, Ferdinand said:

OK I'll 'fess up. This para was post-self-censored.

You really shouldn't have asked that. Or perhaps I should not have posted it.

"Coming back to @pocster, if he wants to flood his basement and have a stag party (or @AliG with his swimming pool), there is an entire pallet of 140 "sensational inflatables" blow up ladies. - (very Dallas). Starting price £60. And hundreds of pairs of MMA fighting shorts, a dozen or more really high end BBQs, and 220m of assorted scotia beading.

You  did ask...

Crumbs ! I’ll buy the lot ! MMA fighting and inflatable ladies - what more is there to life !

1 hour ago, pocster said:

Crumbs ! I’ll buy the lot ! MMA fighting and inflatable ladies - what more is there to life !

Well they have a pallet of 640 sink power plungers to help you clear the aftermath.

https://www.bidspotter.co.uk/en-gb/auction-catalogues/william-george-auctions/catalogue-id-wi412583/lot-cb671fcf-2aaf-4b4f-935d-aaa00116ceb3

All life is there.

• Like 1

If you need car tyres... Try the promo code "Flash10" at Black circles for 10% off.  They currently have a headline offer of £40 off four tyres but if you only need two then try Flash10 which seems to give 10% off two tyres.