Discount Offers of the Week

49 minutes ago, PeterW said:

Which does not seem to apply to baths themselves.

The glass mosaic tiles at about £6 per sqm look the choice item to me, from a bargain searching viewpoint.

Edited by Ferdinand

3 hours ago, Ferdinand said:

Up to 80% off at Bathstore.

https://www.bathstore.com/sale

Includes things like mosaic and tiles at -80%, but about 300 separate lines. Designer Rads look interesting.

Not baths by the look of it.

£90 reduced to £18 inc del for shower valve! https://www.bathstore.com/products/square-thermostatic-shower-valve-20007015720.html?

And found some baths in there also if anyone's looking: https://www.bathstore.com/products/bathstore-sale/massive-stock-clearance#price_range=m0&f_product_category[]=Bath&sort=price ASC&page=1

It's no wonder this place may be going down the plug hole. Local store always have 50-80% "plus another 25%" discount signs on the windows (and if you'd go in and ask about the reductions they just didn't add up and were certainly not the massive discounts that they appeared to be advertising.

Plant and Machinery + Commercial Auction. Mainly in Perth afaics.

https://www.bidspotter.co.uk/en-gb/auction-catalogues/mlvehicle/catalogue-id-morris1-10019/lot-5649e99d-0620-45f2-b9ee-aa7300bd8845

Loads of things here.

Lots of lawncare.

Lots of Stihl / Husky chainsaws, hedgetrimmers and long reach, leafblowers, strimmers etc.

Honda generators.

Various other including a Kubota Backhoe Tractor (Perth, Scotland).

Materials - kerbs stones, concrete channels, riven paving by the pallet, granite steps and pillar sections.

And a lot of usefully sized trailers, Ifor Williams and Indespension.

And I think I saw telescopic forklifts when spelunking through.

And a mobile fully equipped site office / welfare in a Peugeot 4.5t Boxer: (Also Perth)

https://www.bidspotter.co.uk/en-gb/auction-catalogues/mlvehicle/catalogue-id-morris1-10019/lot-5649e99d-0620-45f2-b9ee-aa7300bd8845

Caveat emptor.

Edited by Ferdinand

1 hour ago, Ferdinand said:

Some of these opening bids appear ambitious, take the Freya bath (£200 opening bid) plus 20% hammer price + 20% VAT which gets you close to £300 on top of which will be your transport costs (unless you live near Sheffield to collect). And it could be ex-showroom quality. New from soak.com is £400 inc delivery! Be interesting to see what it goes for.

9 minutes ago, oranjeboom said:

Some of these opening bids appear ambitious, take the Freya bath (£200 opening bid) plus 20% hammer price + 20% VAT which gets you close to £300 on top of which will be your transport costs (unless you live near Sheffield to collect). And it could be ex-showroom quality. New from soak.com is £400 inc delivery! Be interesting to see what it goes for.

True.

If you read back I have a load of taps etc from here a few days ago. Nearly all bought at Reserve price level, they were still about a third of retail.

I am 25 miles away, and when I collected I quizzed them about checking and prep, and they did seem quite thorough. My items are fine.

Edited by Ferdinand

28 minutes ago, oranjeboom said:

You definitely need to check.

I was looking at used laser printers on this site recently. The starting prices were at least 50% more than - and up to double - the price for the same item refurbished via eBay. 

Definitely some bargains to be had though. I've spent far too much time looking at this site over the years!

15 minutes ago, jack said:

You definitely need to check.

I was looking at used laser printers on this site recently. The starting prices were at least 50% more than - and up to double - the price for the same item refurbished via eBay. 

Definitely some bargains to be had though. I've spent far too much time looking at this site over the years!

The genuinely most interesting offer I have seen on there this AM is 4 x 3mx7m glamping pods that look to actually be portable garden buildings that have an initial bid price of £100 each.

Look like 3k or more to actually buy.

Because they will cost at least £500 each to transport, could be a right bargain as home offices or site offices, as a lot of bidders will be scared.

Would be a Plan B for @iSelfBuild but they are in Herfordshire. There do seem to be a lot of Shepherd Huts and Weirdy Shaped burger vans out there for cheap sale. I blame Small Spaces and Shed of the Year; Burgers at a Festival from an ex-Airstream is the 2010s version of the 1910s "escaping to Paris and drinking coffee with surrealists whilst living like an impressionist until broke".

Ferdinand

Edited by Ferdinand
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ferdinand said:

The genuinely most interesting offer I have seen on there this AM is 4 x 3mx7m glamping pods that look to actually be portable garden buildings that have an initial bid price of £100 each.

They never go for that. Every large building starts at £100 but ends around the £3-5k mark. They also have high buyer premiums and VAT to add 

5 hours ago, PeterW said:

They never go for that. Every large building starts at £100 but ends around the £3-5k mark. They also have high buyer premiums and VAT to add 

Yes, I was watching the auction the other week, lots of pods, garden houses/offices etc. Started nice and low and then quickly jumped up during the last few days. I wish @Ferdinand would stop bloody promoting these auctions on here!!!:P

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Ferdinand said:

Look like 3k or more to actually buy.

Because they will cost at least £500 each to transport, could be a right bargain as home offices or site offices, as a lot of bidders will be scared.

Would be a Plan B for @iSelfBuild but they are in Herfordshire. There do seem to be a lot of Shepherd Huts and Weirdy Shaped burger vans out there for cheap sale. I blame Small Spaces and Shed of the Year; Burgers at a Festival from an ex-Airstream is the 2010s version of the 1910s "escaping to Paris and drinking coffee with surrealists whilst living like an impressionist until broke".

Ferdinand

The people selling these are an auction house? Do you reckon it's liquidated stock?

9 minutes ago, iSelfBuild said:

The people selling these are an auction house? Do you reckon it's liquidated stock?

Here is the link.

https://www.bidspotter.co.uk/en-gb/search-results?searchTerm=Glamping

I would say yes liquidated, but dreamy entrepreneurs rather than manufacturers. Though they could be dreamers setting up a manufacturing business. ?

Edited by Ferdinand

1 minute ago, Ferdinand said:

Here is the link.

https://www.bidspotter.co.uk/en-gb/search-results?searchTerm=Glamping

I would say yes liquidated, but dreamy entrepreneurs rather than manufacturers. Though they could be dreamers setting up a manufacturing business.

Yep not any of the manufacturers, I think I know which distributor it is. They didn't use my suppliers, they got some samples from another eastern European company and then made plans and imported from china and cheapened everything in terms of the thicknesses of timber and quality of materials. They told one of my customers they made the cabins in the UK which was nonsense. I'll keep an eye on the auctions!

• 2 weeks later...

Fencing Rails

I went to collect some half round rails yesterday, and I wanted to cross-check on prices.

I bought these for 4.50 plus VAT each. they are 100mm diameter by 3.6m long, and the quality seemed fine. It is an Agricultural Merchant near Matlock, so you go and collect.

I think this is probably the best long term price I get for anything. That seems ridiculously inexpensive. Does anyone do better?

25D92BA7-D99B-4FE3-90FB-718E9A055526.thumb.jpeg.7156e947a92fa8a5c198a57a63fc7851.jpeg

1E75B56E-8D43-4314-8A65-B93827B5C3A0.thumb.jpeg.e6cbd12d13b208a98a76457d4e3e1a67.jpeg

The project is rails to help mum move round the garden.

7354F778-98C9-417C-84BD-CE6291D13FCF.thumb.jpeg.9633709776dca62cd65247fc43a979ab.jpeg

Edited by Ferdinand

Guildford Homebase was closing down when I went past it yesterday. Stuck my head in - 80% off all internal lighting was probably the best deal, but there was a minimum 20% (and I mainly saw 30+%) discount off everything.

Not sure it it's still running, but some bargains to be had for sure.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jack said:

Guildford Homebase was closing down when I went past it yesterday. Stuck my head in - 80% off all internal lighting was probably the best deal, but there was a minimum 20% (and I mainly saw 30+%) discount off everything.

If it’s anything like the Inverness store the discounts start ramping up pretty quickly as the close date draws near, i kept popping in until what I wanted had 80% off. Got a whole load of door hardware for 90% off. Stoked.  

• Like 1