Discount Offers of the Week

1 hour ago, pocster said:

Erm

I have a special discount code of FUP for some walk on sky lights ...

We are just about to appoint the architect to draw up our plans.  I will give them the sizes and see if they will work.  We have 3 bathrooms and then the landing that would all work with sky lights.  Maybe, just maybe, you may have a buyer.

• Like 1

Not building related as such but there are a number of tech folk on here who may wish to refresh their skills (or people who might want to learn). Udemy are running a few free online courses currently. They seem to be rolling out different ones daily so best to sign up asap to get the course for free as I imagine they will be time limited offers. I'm not recommending them as I haven't looked at any of them yet but might be worth signing up while they are free if any grab your interest. If I find any others later I will add them to this post. 

The Complete HTML 5 Course - use code FREEHTML5

Photoshop CC for Beginners with CC 2019 Updates - Use code FREEFORFRIENDS2018

Scrum Certification Prep +Scrum Master+ Agile Scrum Training - Use code PWRSCRMFREE

Data Analysis with Pandas and Python - Use code APRILMAGIC

Excel VBA Programming - The Complete Guide - Use code GAUNTLET

SQL Masterclass: SQL for Data Analytics - Use code SQLMASTERCLASS

Total Beginners' Guide: How to use an Android Smartphone - no code needed

Microsoft Excel Masterclass: Complete and Concise - Use code HAPPYNEWYEAR

The Complete Front-End Web Development Course! - Use code FBFREE18

The Complete C Programming Tutorial - Use code ALLFREEE

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

One for those with a business or a sole trader

£50 off a £100 spend if you sign up (for free) for Amazon Business. Time limited offer. Sign up by 12th Feb and you have to use the voucher by 17th Feb. You HAVE to go to Amazon via the Head For Points link / advert (you may need to whitelist the page to see the ad), if you have extra strong anti tracking protection it may strip out the referral link, and you have to opt into emails (so that Amazon can send you the voucher)

https://www.headforpoints.com/2019/02/03/amazon-business-50-offer/?fbclid=IwAR11U92811QuQjGLnGSBr3-m9FUjrBHfqiZelr62zL2SG2mbXvoE7s4UdTc

Some are saying that you need to enter a VAT number but they have found a way round that - if I find out what that is I will update this thread. 

Edit - the FAQs say this about the VAT number:

Do I need a VAT number to register?
No, adding a VAT number is optional. If you do not wish to add a VAT number during registration, leave the field blank and continue with your registration. If you choose to add a VAT number, it will be printed on your invoices. You can add your VAT number any time after registration through the 'Ordering and shopping preferences' on Your Account to enable this functionality.
Why do I get an error when I add a VAT number?
You may get an error message if the VAT number is incomplete or not in the required format. Make sure that the VAT number you add is complete and in the following format - GB123456789 (2 digit country code followed by a 9 digit number).

• Like 2

15% off an eBay spend until 10th February with selected sellers. Minimum Spend £25, maximum discount £75.  

Terms and Conditions

This coupon is a 15% discount valid from 10:00am UK local time on 7th February 2019 until 11:59pm UK local time on 10th February 2019 on purchases on eBay.co.uk from selected sellers, unless cancelled earlier in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.

How to redeem your coupon:

Simply make a purchase of £25 or more on eBay.co.uk from one of the following eligible sellers:

1. SimbaShop2018
  2. More4Homes
  3. furnituremaxi
  4. discount-furniture-outlet
  5. Furnitureinstore
  6. Home Discount Ltd
  7. mercers furniture
  8. ijinteriors
  9. unbeatable
  10. bed-world
  11. The-Tool-Academy-Ltd
  12. TOOLSAVE
  13. Express Trainers
  14. Footasylum Outlet
  15. Ann Summers LTD
  16. BBO
  17. golfclubs4cash
  18. PlumbworldUK
  19. XS Items Outlet
  20. GNJ Automotive
  21. UK-Performance-Shop
  22. BB classics
  23. WJD Store
  24. Branded_Bedding
  25. HiFi-Tower Electronics
  26. Onlinehomeshop
  27. hughesdirect
  28. Crampton and Moore
  29. JustBeautyStore
  30. perfume_shop_direct
  31. ScentWarehouse
  32. Incontinence Shop
  33. Betterlife at LloydsPharmacy
  34. Yoltso
  35. Indesit Official Store
  36. KitchenAid Outlet
  37. Hotpoint Official Store
  38. FKABrands
  39. evanscyclesuk
  40. Thinkprice
  41. Battery Megastore UK

and pay with PayPal, credit card, or debit card.

Enter coupon code PLATINUM at checkout when prompted. The maximum discount you can receive is £75 per redemption and you are limited to one redemption.

Free tickets to the Ideal Home Show, Olympia. 22nd March - 7th April using code MSEFREE

https://idealhome.seetickets.com/tour/ideal-home-show

Limited tickets available. Maximum of 2 adult tickets per household. Also includes entry to the Food and Drink Festival

https://www.eatanddrinkfestival.com/

Offer ends midnight 17th Feb or when all tickets have been claimed. 

Some bargains in my local Aldi today worth trying yours if you are passing. They must be have a clear out.

Amongst others:

4 remote control plug sockets £17.49 to £2.49

Sharpening Station £14.99 to £3.99

12v dril £22.99 to £7.99

Another eBay 20% off code including a handful of 'house' related sellers.

New eBay code PAYDAYFEB gives 20% off selected sellers. Min spend is £25 and maximum discount is £75, limit of one redemption. The code will run until 23:59 on 28th February 2019

Link to sellers and terms and conditions

• Like 1

On 15/02/2019 at 13:39, daiking said:

Some bargains in my local Aldi today worth trying yours if you are passing. They must be have a clear out.

Amongst others:

4 remote control plug sockets £17.49 to £2.49

Sharpening Station £14.99 to £3.99

12v dril £22.99 to £7.99

Go to Aldi online, https://www.aldi.co.uk/c/specialbuys/specialbuys categories.

They selling all the leftovers from their promotions when only a few items are left in the warehouse and its not worth it sending them out to the stores.

Some amazing stuff with up to 90% discount hiding there.

We bought around a years supply of the non cereal dog food which was reduced from 2.99/pack to 0.99/pack.

IMG-20181113-WA0000.thumb.jpg.379af11a3f7ea148f35077126ac6886b.jpg

7 hours ago, Ferdinand said:

Aldi has a 2.5ah 16v cordless drill for 29.99.

https://www.aldi.co.uk/workzone-16v-li-ion-cordless-drill/p/096976230604100

Reviews very well. I have one and it is good for something you intend to use as a sacrificial or lend.

There is also a corded track saw for £80.

F

There is also a 20v at the same price.  Would this be better?

I think I need to buy a new drill.  My corded one works fine, I have had it for about 30 years and it doesn't really get a lot of use so I am reluctant but I think it is necessary for safety's sake.  

I am sure my current one in no way meets current health and safety requirements.  It has a button on the side that locks the drill on.  I discovered the other day when I was holding the drill and plugged in and switched on that the button can be accidently pressed whilst the tool is in storage.  Luckily I was holding it safely and despite my surprise managed to quickly switch it off again at the switch.  I then found the button.  I dread to think what could have happened if the drill bit had been touching me.  

8 hours ago, Patrick said:

We bought around a years supply of the non cereal dog food which was reduced from 2.99/pack to 0.99/pack.

Bloody hell you probably bought the whole lot! ?