House naming..need inspiration

We knocked down our bungalow called “Yaffles” and HWMBO was desperate to have a new name but then proceeded to veto every suggestion for a full 18 months. In the end, during a long car journey, we decided to solve it.  The kids and I came up with every name under the sun. Everyone got the right of veto. And we ended up with 2 that no one vetoed. One was Hazel House, the other Hazel Lodge. We went for the latter. All inspired by the witch hazel tree in front of the new house that has just about survived the build (being hit by a skip has caused some damage but it is still alive). 

(Owls Hoot was his favourite but that got vetoed ?)

in light of the fact that we still have the caravan the council has notified the RM that we are Hazel Lodge Caravan so that’s what we are until I notify them otherwise. Makes changes of address difficult sometimes as some websites don’t allow you to overwrite the database option.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Ferdinand said:

Yay Bagpuss and Professor Yaffle.

This was why the name had to go. I hated Bagpuss as a child......

(apparently it’s actually to do with the call of the green woodpecker, which we occasionally see in the garden....)

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Weebles said:

This was why the name had to go. I hated Bagpuss as a child......

(apparently it’s actually to do with the call of the green woodpecker, which we occasionally see in the garden....)

The demolition must have been quite satisfying.

My pet hate was Orville the Ventrilloquist's Dummy.

Edited by Ferdinand