Drying Washing Indoors

7 hours ago, Ferdinand said:

Thanks all.

So I am in the ballpark with my times.

And the thing to watch is to set it up in the morning when the Waschmaschine has run with the morning solar, to be clear for the next morning.

F

Yep, we have mastered the art of getting dishwasher and washing machine auto running once the sun is up...

4 minutes ago, Ferdinand said:

Just imagine if I was Jake the Peg and had three different colours.

Too much! My wife is queen of the odd socks, but not only by colour but complete style and type! I have those socks too with the coloured heels and toes and I have about 6 I can no longer wear as there is no partner!

I deserve another piece of bread and Cloudberry jam after seeing that!

Edited by Carrerahill

I’m planning on adding a pulley system but the mrs still wants a tumble dryer. Those with MVHr, so you have an extraction pipe plumbed into the dryer and going out through the wall? I’m just thinking about airtightness etc

Edited by gc100

25 minutes ago, gc100 said:

I’m planning on adding a pulley system but the mrs still wants a tumble dryer. Those with MVHr, so you have an extraction pipe plumbed into the dryer and going out through the wall? I’m just thinking about airtightness etc

No, a condensing tumble dryer does not need one.  The waste heat goes into the room rather than out of the wall, and the water removed from the washing ends up in a receptacle to be emptied, or they can be plumbed in to discharge down the drain and never need emptying.

• Thanks 1

Tumble dryer straight to the outside..... it gets used so very much and costs me an absolute bloody  fortune but due to poor / no insulation in the house and minimal heating it would be foolish to try and dry it indoors as it would encourage mould. If the weather is even half decent I insist people use the line outside ..... but if I’m not around......... 

On 12/02/2020 at 14:18, Ferdinand said:

And to be fair, I still have to strip half the beds from Christmas visitors.

And I am planning to move the tumble dryer to be directly next to the washer - just like yours. That will create space for a second dishwasher.

More seriously, I do have more time at present as I have lost my caring responsibilities, and am trying to get back into the swing of maintaining a more extensive network of friends, looking for volunteering opportunities and membership groups etc. Potentially quite a creative time. 

look up ‘volunteer advocate’ in your area, I think you would be great and like it too...

• Thanks 1

+1 for pulley maid in utility with MVHR extract

going to give away the tumble drier - won’t fit in the utility room and trying to be a bit more eco friendly. Will probably miss the speedy turnaround but 8 hours on the pulley maid dies the job now.

6F46B60A-0713-4747-99BE-72962EF34D75.jpeg

6AF8859F-A00A-4603-83EA-D9F02AC96091.jpeg

39 minutes ago, Delicatedave said:

I get those hangers with clips and hand all my trousers upside down on the doors, seem to work for me ?

I would think that would lengthen the time since the water will move to the slowest drying part, which is the waistband.

Edited by Ferdinand

10 hours ago, Ferdinand said:

I would think that would lengthen the time since the water will move to the slowest drying part, which is the waistband.

You may be right but they dry in a few hours and the weight of the waistband pull them enough to mean they don't need ironing ?

Anyway, I don't think you understand the drying process, the water doesn't fall off downwards they are not that wet. Doing it the other way would also mean the clips cover the thickist part of the material so that wouldn't dry at all.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Delicatedave said:

You may be right but they dry in a few hours and the weight of the waistband pull them enough to mean they don't need ironing ?

Anyway, I don't think you understand the drying process, the water doesn't fall off downwards they are not that wet. Doing it the other way would also mean the clips cover the thickist part of the material so that wouldn't dry at all.

In my limited experience if I feel up my trousers after a bit on the clothes horse the dampness migrates with gravity -- downwards.

But I suspect neither of us is going to the guillotine for our views on this existential question. ?

Edited by Ferdinand

3 minutes ago, Ferdinand said:

In my limited experience if I feel up my trousers after a bit on the clothes horse the dampness migrates with gravity -- downwards.

But I suspect neither of us is going to the guillotine for our views on this existential question. ?

Honestly when my clothes come out washer after a snip they are not damp enough to hold much water, I mean I could not wring them out and find any water it's that dry and in fact some items feel dry. Perhaps you spin on a lower rate or just you washer is not as good at spinning.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Delicatedave said:

Honestly when my clothes come out washer after a snip they are not damp enough to hold much water, I mean I could not wring them out and find any water it's that dry and in fact some items feel dry. Perhaps you spin on a lower rate or just you washer is not as good at spinning.

It may have been an old washer some time ago when I did this scientific study. Like decades.  ? 

I'm going back to talking about socks.

Need to find some odd ones for tomorrow. "Ask, seek, sock".

Edited by Ferdinand

On 13/02/2020 at 11:43, Bitpipe said:

Discuss

All my socks are the same.

In fact, most if my clothes are.

I hit a winning style formula in 1978, so stuck with it.

Apart from the platforms, but they say you shrink with age.

I keep wondering how much energy I save by not wearing knickers.

Discus that if you want.

Edited by SteamyTea
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1