Cra? I d rather cry.

Patrick

Seriously. Building control officers are really poor bas***ds. Getting blamed for everything. Since Grenfell, they are so shit scared making a mistake that they just want reassurance for everything.

Nothing to do with  my built, but job wise, they now regularly asking for CRA with metal roofs.

Condensation Risk Assessments. Afaic, very pointless and a waste of time. Every risk assessment will say :"yep, there is a risk" and than you take care of the risk.

Had some BC officer wanting a fire safety certificate for metal roofs.

I understand. There are situations when the metal roof is insulated with foam and might be a fire hazard, but pure metal? I wonder when the first BCO wants fires safety assessment for your bricks. Common sense is so far out the window nowadays.

• 2 months later...

Are you at all surprised because of what has happened? Of course they’re going to want to cover all basis in the unlikely event of a problem arising in the future.

The majority of contractors prefer to use Approved Inspectors for reasons not dis-similar to this, i.e. Council inspectors requesting more and more reassurances. There are less AI’s nowadays, which therefore restricts your options.