Plumbing completed - what paperwork do I need?

Weebles

Our plumber has finished.  Everything works.  We are happy.  But what paperwork do we need for Building Control and more?

We have chased him on the Gas Safe register for the boiler and we now have a Building Regulation Compliance Gas Safety Certificate.

But we have nothing else from him.  I read about registering an unvented cyclinder?  Is this still needed?  Should he provide evidence of that?  Anything else?

(Its been a bit of a nightmare as the owner of the business - also did @Bitpipe and @HerbJ plumbing - decided after first fix that he would shut down his business and move back to Ireland. He handed over to one of his guys but it was disjointed and communication was poor from then on.  But the work is done, its just the paperwork I am worried about as once we settle the final invoice I won't expect him to ever respond to a message from us again)

Thanks

You should have a G3 benchmark book for the cylinder. Either stuck on it or ( usually ) an A5 booklet that’s comes with it. 

That is a separate item from GSR and 100% needs to be completed, regardless if a sloppy BCO overlooks it ( as it’s required for warranty from the manufacturer for one, but also may affect your building insurance in a related claim too ). 
You can get this done by your GRS’d guy easily, as long as their complimentary G3 qual ( that they got with their ACS ) has not past 5 years and expired. A lot of GSR’d fitters don’t bother to renew G3 unless under duress. Don’t know why, it’s a couple of hours refresher and less than £150 ( free with some manufacturers if you’re promising to fit their products ). 
Needs doing  ASAP. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Weebles said:

He handed over to one of his guys but it was disjointed and communication was poor from then on.

Which one of his guys did he hand on the business to?  I had been trying to get hold of him about something minor but no response - your post explains why....

44 minutes ago, newhome said:

I had to evidence a drains pressure test. The council building control inspector came out to witness it.  I’m Scotland though. Not sure if you need that in England. 

Just a visual inspection in England only and a WRAS certificate prior to water Connection

10 minutes ago, Nickfromwales said:

Not pressure tested? Got to jump through a hundred hoops on my job in Essex ?

Sorry no drain pressure testing 

I pumped the plumbing up to 6 bar and left it for three weeks 

BC didn’t ask for either 

32 minutes ago, nod said:

BC didn’t ask for either 

Does make you laugh tbh. WTF is the point of ticking the boxes if they’re so lazy as not to ask for the results?!?

No wonder such boxes of shite get thrown up by mass builders........

2 hours ago, Nickfromwales said:

You should have a G3 benchmark book for the cylinder. Either stuck on it or ( usually ) an A5 booklet that’s comes with it. 

That is a separate item from GSR and 100% needs to be completed, regardless if a sloppy BCO overlooks it ( as it’s required for warranty from the manufacturer for one, but also may affect your building insurance in a related claim too ). 

I have found the sticker, and the A5 booklet.  Neither been completed.  I'll be chasing him now.  Thank you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nod said:

BC didn’t ask for either 

The drain pressure test was one of the few things our inspector came out especially to check.  He wasn't interested in the foundations etc, just wanted to witness the pressure test.

Seems to be pot luck as to what actually gets checked.  We initially had to jump through hoops about water consumption, with insistence that I had flow restrictors fitted.  There was a refusal at first to let me fit them (even though I'd installed all the plumbing myself) and also a refusal to accept that we didn't need to meet the water consumption bit of the regs, anyway, as we have a borehole supply.  Common sense prevailed in the end, though, and for the completion inspection I printed off reports covering everything I could think of, but the inspector wasn't really interested, and just walked around and said he'd sign it off, without taking any of the paperwork I'd spent hours producing.