Bedrooms/bathrooms layout tweaking...

Adam2

Hi, we're happy with most of our house design (until we change it again...) but think we could do better with the top floor so really interested in ideas here.

The requirements are:

Master bedroom with dressing area and en-suite

2nd bedroom (there are a couple more on lower levels)

2nd bathroom that could be en-suite to the 2nd bedroom but could be outside of the room

My thoughts are that the master en-suite and dressing area would ideally be larger. 2nd bedroom anyway will not be used that often so could maybe be reduced a bit.

Exterior side walls are shaped like this to make best use of plot so not scope at this stage for anything radical on that front.

Master bedroom has high and wide windows which we want to keep so does limit some re-planning options.

We will rarely use the bath in the master en-suite but this is the only bath in the house so thinking it could maybe move to the other bathroom on the same floor  but with an eye on future resale (~5 yrs) maybe buyers would expect a bath in a master en-suite - even if they won't use it much either!

MVHR etc will come up in the services cupboard.

Thanks for suggestions.

image.thumb.png.c11df6b76b7a67eed1939c32ba35a0eb.png

I think the master en-suite and dressing are not a happy arrangement .. not least because the loo flush backs on to the spare bedroom guest pillows.

I would try and swap those two round somehow perhaps or adjust the plumbing to the other side of the en-suite away from the guests.. and imo you want a widow maybe 8n the dressing area so you can check your beauty in daylight.

Leaning over the bath that window looks a sod to clean.

Ferdinand

Edited by Ferdinand
  • Like 1

I agree with Ferdinand.

Also not clear whether the dressing room is supposed to be that - with dressing table etc - or just a walk-through wardrobe. If the former then I don't think you have enough storage and would switch to storage-only.

I'd probably also shift the airing cupboard left, pinch some space from the landing, and then have a separate walk-in wardrobe running left-right, and the bathroom running left-right along the outside wall.