Building a retaining wall for a driveway

Check the max height before ordering. Some makes are aimed at DIY and have limits of around 2ft/600mm. 

I've seen some places say anything over a meter should be "designed" specifically so i suppose your BCO may want to see input from an SE but perhaps not. I think if you can show him a brochure saying it's ok to use at that height then he should be ok.

1 hour ago, PeterW said:

@Declan52 what was the unit price or price / m2 for those ..? 

I think the larger block holding the driveway back was £25 sqm and the smaller £15sqm.

But I got a very good deal as I also bought a lot of their paving blocks as well at the same time and I used the same company for my thermal blocks so had bought maybe £10k worth of materials from them. And that was 5 years ago and they are a local company to me. 

On 03/02/2020 at 11:56, Temp said:

Google found Allen Block hollow concrete blocks can be used to 1.2m without filling them with concrete..

https://www.colinwell.com/media/1166/colinwell-allan-block-retaining-wall-system-brochure.pdf

PS making the wall/steps curved would probably make them stronger.

These look good i'll give them a bell thanks.

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 02/02/2020 at 21:08, Ivan_England said:

I need to build a retaining wall for my driveway and wondered how much this would should cost roughly. It is in Surrey and is roughly 5.5 metres long and 1.2 metres high at the highest point.

wall for driveway.jpg

Roughly- £5,000

Edited by Vpip2high
Wrong figure.