Eclisse pocket door confusion

Pocster

26 minutes ago, PeterStarck said:

So that white strip is non removable and therefore you can't screw through the metal and replace the white strip? Where is the door stop?

Exactly .

The door stop ( as I understand it ) is in the anti slam mechanism in the horizontal header rail . I haven’t installed this yet as I don’t have the door . The instructions also ‘suggest’ screwing the metal frame from the rear which seems absurd - some kind of fixing would of helped  

52 minutes ago, pocster said:

Really ? Is there nothing CT1 can’t do ?

Yeah, its useless at stopping hydraulic oil leaking (not under pressure even).

Just leave it for 36 hours to go off.

Edited by Onoff

Well !

Eclisse didn’t tell me this ! But .....

Apparently with a glass door you get a wooden doorstop post ( !! ) that glues over that vertical . So you can screw through the face of it . None the less I’ll wait for the actual door to turn up ....

• Like 1

Here’s the exert 

It’s a wooden doorpost designed the cover the current doorpost which converts it to suit the glass door. It’s glued over the top of the doorpost for the wooden door I believe, which would cover up the screw heads.

whatever ! Sounds like a bodge too me !

@pocster Well I wouldn't want to rely solely on an anti slam mechanism in the header rail with a glass door but as you say having a wooden cover piece sounds like an easy way out. My door post has a rubber T piece inset into a groove which acts as a soft stop. I'm sure with more thought they could have designed the white piece on your frame to incorporate a soft stop.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, PeterStarck said:

@pocster Well I wouldn't want to rely solely on an anti slam mechanism in the header rail with a glass door but as you say having a wooden cover piece sounds like an easy way out. My door post has a rubber T piece inset into a groove which acts as a soft stop. I'm sure with more thought they could have designed the white piece on your frame to incorporate a soft stop.

Yeah .

What I don’t like is the instructions don’t mention any of this . I really had to push them for an explanation of how this all works . Will update once I have door and post etc .

• 1 month later...

Like this . On the left shows an ‘end’ stop type thing in both pictures .

Then beneath it shows the end clip crossed out .

So need end clip don’t need end clip ?

Perhaps it’s me ( probably) or perhaps it’s just confusing . Trial and errors going to be a dog as door weighs 45kg

D53EBDE5-A257-4D99-ABB0-74EC3080F7F9.jpeg

Or they send me 2 anti slam kits - so I have no idea which to use ( or how exactly it works ) - both different lengths 

f ing Eclisse - hate them . Even their technical support didn’t seem to know - of course they are all in self isolation now ffs !

E4925615-83D1-4B70-B8D2-1388AAD51CED.jpeg

2 hours ago, pocster said:

Like this . On the left shows an ‘end’ stop type thing in both pictures .

Then beneath it shows the end clip crossed out .

Perhaps it’s me ( probably) or perhaps it’s just confusing . Trial and errors going to be a dog as door weighs 45kg

D53EBDE5-A257-4D99-ABB0-74EC3080F7F9.jpeg

Pretty sure it's telling you to remove the end clip and put it in the bin (personally I'd hang on to it just in case).

• Like 1

Or they send me 2 anti slam kits - so I have no idea which to use ( or how exactly it works ) - both different lengths 

f ing Eclisse - hate them . Even their technical support didn’t seem to know - of course they are all in self isolation now ffs !

E4925615-83D1-4B70-B8D2-1388AAD51CED.jpeg

What's written on the label on the clear plastic box?

I'm wondering if you have anti slam kits for both wood and glass doors.

Edited by Temp
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Temp said:

What's written on the label on the clear plastic box?

I'm wondering if you have anti slam kits for both wood and glass doors.

Quite possibly !

Also the sliding vertical track confuses me . You’ve got the sliding bits . But there’s another track in there that moves - don’t understand that at all .

DDBBC576-BA3C-4BEB-BE6A-C3549BEFF199.thumb.jpeg.5ced2a81559e41f476328e1d63527a05.jpeg

68106704-83FA-48F6-B004-FFA8C6EDC2D4.thumb.jpeg.613702ba7acd78f1aa7f18b2ace4e103.jpeg

Also have the ‘double side ‘ anti slam . It shows a single door ( not double ) so assumed anti slam on opening and closing ... 

BA211D66-E771-43D6-AA2C-2F51D45DDB8F.thumb.jpeg.5a31859d1ba2805804a5637a40d8545c.jpeg

B93BD987-741F-4769-B953-E881FA5A576C.thumb.jpeg.ccfe2f49fdd6290fc6f44e94b8c61677.jpeg

I’ve gone with the Rallenty one for now .But the sliding metal has a ‘bit’ that stops the runner ....

Better photo of slidy rail inside rail . Also the bump that stops everything !

7AB5244D-B9BB-4DEE-9022-83F83FA2D9DA.thumb.jpeg.34f4902ef7c8d92c00a40f6b227ec26d.jpeg

75B94911-3EF3-4524-90E5-9021F7974E2C.thumb.jpeg.e09993fc5ee01daf0c3516b41f601d9e.jpeg

There !

Took slidy rail out ( on the left ) this was in the rail on the right so naturally assumed that was correct ; as it was supplied like that . But as I have seen Eclisse send more stuff and variations of instructions because they presumably don’t know what you need . I actually was sent 3 anti slam kits ( 2 of the ‘doubles ‘ ) . Countless frame instructions synthesis line ,vitro ,bias .

Dead helpful !

89D9DF1B-69C8-4AD8-8108-5B0BA04E9AAE.jpeg

4 hours ago, pocster said:

I have similar end clips, which on mine hold the door open very simply by gripping the glass in the spring C shaped bit. Mine is much older though and very different to yours in other ways.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Temp said:

Did you see this video?..

It covers the wood door but shows how some bits go together.

Yeah I have watched that . Can’t tell if he has that other slidy bit in the rail - I’ve removed mine anyway for now !

I just don’t get how the anti slam works . I don’t see how the plastic white clip part ‘catches’ anything to cause it to work .

56FAF79E-8EC5-41CC-AF50-610AB5DC406C.jpeg

I found these instructions which appear similar but only have one white "catch" rather than two.

https://www.eclisse.co.uk/content/installation-accessories/603024103%20Scheda%20Rallenty%20BIAS.pdf

I think it might catch on the shaped end of "Item C". 

Does your kit have the same or similar part?

Edited by Temp
  • Like 1