Cupboard paint

SiBee

Any one used this stuff?

looking to freshen up a kitchen which has beech effect melamine fronts. The usual diy sheds stock liberon v33 cabinet paint and it gets decent reviews. I bought a trial pot and did a quick test (paint brush only) on a well prepped surface and it didn’t cover very well with two coats. 

Anyone used similar and can recommend. Looking for a dark grey/ anthracite colour.

I wonder if Bedec Multi Surface Paint would be good for this?

https://bedec.co.uk/bedec_products/multi-surface-paint/

I've only ever used their Bedec Barn Paint and it honestly covers like nothing else I've ever used. 1 coat of satin black and new scaffold boards were.....well black! Did 3 coats in all.

You might phone them and ask. Who knows, you might get a sample pot!

Brushes are not yoyr friend for painting cabibets you need to sand the surface, then prime with a dense mini roller, then denib, then 2 coats of topcoat with a denib in between if needed. Only using brushes on mouldings. Even better is a spray finish.

For wood cupboards durable oil based eggshell is my go to product. I like Johnsons, but Leyland Trade is nearly as good. Acrylic based is ok, but not for heavy useage areas like kitchens.

Thanks for the replies. Sanding has started so continue I must?changed from the original colour choice of anthracite to white though which we think might appeal to more people. Besides that, most of the house is a shade of grey.

With proper prep, correct ambient temperatures maintained and quality rollers and cutting in brushes with doors and drawers laid flat I will be giving myself a fighting chance of finishing to an acceptable standard.

Decided on the liberon v33 in white after using a few samples from our trade outlets.