Genvex 185 S Issues

BenOram

I have a Genvex 185 S that we're having some issues with. We had a service late last year and when the engineer opened the unit it was frozen over, he said the evaporator sensor must be faulty so needs replacing. We ordered the new sensor and waited for the company to return to replace the sensor. On return the sensor was replace (Ice had gone) and the different engineer that came out told me the compressor isn't working. When you turn the unit on, the fans start up after around 10 seconds then the compressor turns on after about 1-2 mins. Our compressor turns on for 5 seconds then cuts out, almost as if it trips. 

When we turn the power on, the initial startup shows the following;

Compressor - OFF

Heat.elem. - ON

Elec.afterh. -OFF

Defrosting - ON

Dom. water - OFF

Room - ON

Add. Cooling - OFF

Aux. relay 8 - OFF

Aux. relay 9 - OFF

After 1-2 mins the compressor tries to turn on and then cuts out, 'Defrosting' and 'Room' change to OFF

I seems like the unit is stuck in defrosting mode and causing the compressor to trip on start up even though the evaporator temperature sensor is showing 17 Celsius?

Our next option is to replace the main board according to the company, to the tune of over £600.

If anyone has any tricks, tips or advice to try and diagnose the issue further, or a supplier of Genvex parts other than Total homes or Xpert Energy that would be much appreciated. 

Many thanks in advance,

Ben

@ProDave or @Jeremy Harris may have some ideas for testing the compressor.

On 26/01/2020 at 11:35, BenOram said:

or a supplier of Genvex parts other than Total homes or Xpert Energy

I bought our Genvex Combi 185LS direct from Denmark at a very reduced price compared to Total Homes and they also sell spares.

https://www.sundthus.dk/

• 1 month later...

@BenOram In case you are still around, we have now had a fault on our Genvex Combi 185LS and we found a company called Iso Energy who came out and diagnosed the fault which was a broken solenoid on the EASHP water heating circuit. They had never worked on a Genvex before but had worked on the Nilan which is similar. I can recommend Iso Energy and their engineer, Nick, who was very competent.