Hello from Exeter

Jonny

Hello, I’m Jonny from Exeter. 

I’ve recently finished a extension on my Victorian terrace to give a large open plan kitchen/dining room. 

Currently I’ve taken up a new job working with a partner building a new build property in Exeter. 

In the future, i’d be looking to complete a barn conversion looking towards passivhaus standard. 

Looking forward to picking up lots of ideas from here and happy to answer questions etc! 

We’re working as partners but currently I am in it for the site management and technical/ quality control part of the build. 

It will be sold on at the news and although the profit is important at the end, this process is about more than that. 

For me it is giving me a great insight and experience for my own build at a later date  I’m a qualified Physiotherapist, so this is very different from my normal work. 

In terms of the house, we are building it as if we were going to live there, we both couldn’t think of anything worse than a mass produced, bulk built property and certainly wouldn’t look at buying a new property as above. 

in terms of the project, were up to wall plate height with trusses coming next week, currently knee deep in mud digging out the drainage field! Good time of the year to be playing in mud!