Is a BIGT really needed?

cwr

We don't have any either.

We brought 110mm up in the kitchen under the sink area which is on an interior wall. 40mm waste pipes go into that from sink and dishwasher via an adapter.

The 110mm runs straight out to an IC in the garden and we could rod back from there (although we have never needed to).

+1 to this

10 hours ago, Temp said:

We don't have any either.

We brought 110mm up in the kitchen under the sink area which is on an interior wall. 40mm waste pipes go into that from sink and dishwasher via an adapter.

The 110mm runs straight out to an IC in the garden and we could rod back from there (although we have never needed to).

Only place I’ve used external 40mm pipe is where it’s not seen in a very narrow gap behind a house as the final kitchen layout wasn’t known. Simple job to just core drill and connect to the vent stack on the outside. 

I think the original plan was to run the waste through the wall straight into the back inlet of the back inlet gully (so not exposed), but looking at my section and detail views this is in the middle of the slab, which makes BIGT's even less appealing.

110mm to the IC it is.

I did instal one but with the 40mm pipe connected to it just below ground level so no external pipe on the wall. I did it to give me rodding access and also to collect crud from the kitchen sink rather than let it into the treatment plant.

Direct to IC more like this.

By the way, is a rest bend needed if just for sinks and basins, or can an ordinary elbow be used? I know regs say 200mm rad min, but that's shown on the bottom of a stack.

Drains 06.JPG