space-saving & efficient alternatives: internal insulation Boards

Raks

I would like to insulate a couple of walls from inside to reduce the condensation in a bungalow.

Whats the space-saving and effective alternative products and technique to insulate a wall from inside against cold, sound and condensation?

Has anyone used this 13mm "Stormdry EP-Board" product or anything similar:
https://static.safeguardeurope.com/downloads/datasheets/stormdry/stormdry-ep-board-datasheet.pdf

Is it available in the UK as I couldn't find a price for that.

Those are based on Aerogel, just about the best insulation known to man, but expensive.  I would be interested in the cost per sheet for example.

You can probably get a similar result for less money but a thicker build up with other insulation.

They are a diy product I didn’t think they where still about 

Wild claims Very expensive While I haven’t come across the boards I have used the cream From memory it was a bout treble the price of other more proven products Dryzone etc 

For cold walls you can use a gypsum foam backed board (pink )

Clued with with Gyp acoustic sealant and fixed with BG knock ins 

you would loose 40 mil But it would sort out your problem 

I would guess you could pay someone to supply and fit 

For less than buying in the storm dry 

1 hour ago, Raks said:

I would like to insulate a couple of walls from inside to reduce the condensation in a bungalow.

Whats the space-saving and effective alternative products and technique to insulate a wall from inside against cold, sound and condensation?

Has anyone used this 13mm "Stormdry EP-Board" product or anything similar:
https://static.safeguardeurope.com/downloads/datasheets/stormdry/stormdry-ep-board-datasheet.pdf

Is it available in the UK as I couldn't find a price for that.

before anyone could give proper advice we will need to know EXACT wall construction -from outside to inside.

when was it built 

its for a 1930s bungalow with solid walls. 

If they are similar to this one, they are quite expensive for a 1200x600 sheet !?

https://www.roofingsuperstore.co.uk/product/spacetherm-wl-wall-liner-aerogel-insulation-7-2m2-pack.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI3s6alfyM5wIVgbHtCh1j7QDqEAQYAiABEgJEs_D_BwE

Probably better to go for Celotex/Kingspan 25+12.5 insulated boards with direct bonding but which method is better to fix them ? Dot & dab or adhesive foam to seal the edges completely and then screw fixing.

https://www.roofingsuperstore.co.uk/product/celotex-37-5mm-insulated-plasterboard-pl4025-1-2m-x-2-4m.html

Edited by Raks

so I am guessing solid walls and hard plaster direct on to them 

what is condition of exterior?

what type of finish -rendered?

are new windows etc in the plan?--

maybe be better to fit EWI -stop any mositure getting in and insulate at same time and no loss of internal space 

how much reduction in room size will you accept?

what is floor? 

Edited by scottishjohn

1 minute ago, scottishjohn said:

so I am guessing solid walls and hard plaster direct on to them 

what is condition of exterior?

what type of finish -rendered?

are new windows etc in the plan?--

maybe be better to fit EWI -stop any mositure getting in and insulate at same time and no loss of internal space 

how much reduction in room size will you accept?

Thats right solid wall and hard plaster. Its better to go for EWI and this is a future project now :) but meanwhile I was just thinking to put a 25+12.5 insulated plasterboard from inside to one of the wall which gets more condensation. This wall has no window so seems easier to fix it directly without any cut or trim.  The exterior render looks ok as no moisture or damp getting in from outside but just the interior surface condensation because of the cold walls.