Flue quote - please take a look

Pocster

Sounds on the high side to me...

To supply and fit twin wall system: 3.5 metres of twin wall pipe & 1 metre of extension pipe, appliance adapter, support brackets. flashing, storm collar, cowl, internal cover plate, carbon monoxide detector, ID plate & HETAS registration. 
Standard 20.00%

8 minutes ago, ProDave said:

Well you had better find out......

How do I know what size ( output ) fire I need and I assume is linked to flue size .

Guy said 7” flue so go with that !????

Edited by pocster

1 minute ago, pocster said:

How do I know what size ( output ) fire I need and I assume is linked to flue size .

Guy said 7” flue so go with that !????

You choose your stove to match your heating needs, then choose the flue to match the stove.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ProDave said:

You choose your stove to match your heating needs, then choose the flue to match the stove.

Ah !

I’m doing it ass about tit then ! . 
SWMBO just wants a stove fire . 6” makes my life easier as it fits between the concrete beams ( I assume as they are non combustable I don’t need any clearance ) . So what stove output suits that ? . That link you gave looks good as they have a design service ....

Going to cost materials and installed rather a lot less than the insane 2.7k...

1 hour ago, Mr Punter said:

I don't think that HETAS registration is mandatory, just a way of showing compliance.  I have done a metal flue in the past as part of a new build house, all to spec and Building Inspector was fine with it.

So I’m interested in that - was it on the building regs drawings ..?? 

2 hours ago, pocster said:

To supply and fit twin wall system: 3.5 metres of twin wall pipe & 1 metre of extension pipe, appliance adapter, support brackets. flashing, storm collar, cowl, internal cover plate, carbon monoxide detector, ID plate & HETAS registration. 
Standard 20.00%

Total rip off. Where are you? Friend had a stove installed for £2200 including the stove, liner the works. Guy is fully HETAS registered pucka guy. 

My installer took £1500 and I supplied the stove, he had to break out the old fireplace to expose builders box, clean chimney, fit 904-316 liner (around 7.5m of it), line the builders box, fit a register plate, fit sandstone hearth, black metal bezel and a chunky oak mantle, chimney back filled with vermiculite and cowl fitted.

Edited by Carrerahill
  • Thanks 1

Just thinking, what sort of property are you in? Can you get onto your roof safely enough?

Could you do most of the work? In Scotland you can do it yourself anyway, I know it is different for you guys (although if I lived in England and it was my property I would install it myself anyway), I'd do a better job than a "pro" firm that installs stoves around here. Bloody cowboys they are and clueless.

Since my stove was installed I have had it out once to sort a cracked board (ended up going for Everbuild 500°C plaster) and reinstalled it all, it's a skoosh to install it and if you understand the principles and best practise you would be fine. I paid a guy as it ticked off a big list of things and saved me going up onto our roof, which I didn't fancy truthfully. 

If I was going to do it again I would DIY it for sure, only thing I may do is pay someone to pull in the liner. 

Another option would be to prepare it all and have the guy come in and literally fit the liner and connect it to the stove. 

2 hours ago, pocster said:

Standard 20.00%

This is a fairly good video which shows the whole process (if I recall correctly).

• Thanks 1

Choose your stove and measure the opening of the chimney first. (No point choosing a stove where the M.I says you need a 6" flue if you can only fit a 5" flue)

The output of the stove depends on the  size of room and insulation/heat losses etc. Ask the stove retailer as the probably supply and fit most of the time.

If you are doing yourself hsve a read of https://www.stovefitterswarehouse.co.uk/pages/stove-fitters-manual to make sure you are confident, then simply source the parts from somewhere like fluesupplies.

Put in a 'building notice" circa £250 (no drawings needed). Take photos of what you do, just in case, but they will only want to come at the end to do a smoke test (which you will already have done as part of your installation).

• Thanks 1

Similar spec, supply only. http://www.stovesonline.co.uk/

Had a quote to supply and fit = £2040+vat.

I will fit myself after sign off.

1 X 2-150-005 ** (150MM) SW-TW FLAT ADAPTOR AKW TWIN WALL CHIMNEY STAINLESS STEEL

£25.75

1 X 2-150-018 ** (150MM) 100MM LENGTH AKW TWIN WALL CHIMNEY STAINLESS STEEL £28.75

2 X 2-150-010 ** (150MM) 1000MM LENGTH AKW TWIN WALL CHIMNEY STAINLESS STEEL £150

1 X 15-150-051 ** (150MM) 50-80MM WALL BAND AKW TWIN WALL CHIMNEY STAINLESS STEEL

£14

1 X 2-150-031 ** (150MM) 45 DEGREE BEND AKW TWIN WALL CHIMNEY STAINLESS STEEL £51.25

1 X 2-150-011 ** (150MM) 500MM LENGTH AKW TWIN WALL CHIMNEY STAINLESS STEEL £55.75

1 X 2-150-031 ** (150MM) 45 DEGREE BEND AKW TWIN WALL CHIMNEY STAINLESS STEEL £51.25

1 X 15-150-051 ** (150MM) 50-80MM WALL BAND AKW TWIN WALL CHIMNEY STAINLESS STEEL

£14

1 X 2-150-016 ** (150MM) 250-350 ADJUSTABLE LENGTH AKW TWIN WALL CHIMNEY STAINLESS STEEL

£57.5

1 X 2-150-010 ** (150MM) 1000MM LENGTH AKW TWIN WALL CHIMNEY STAINLESS STEEL £75

2 X 2-150-073 ** (150MM) WHITE VENTILATED FIRESTOP PLATE AKW TWIN WALL CHIMNEY £68 STAINLESS STEEL

1 X 15-150-075 ** (150MM) WHITE FIRESTOP COVER PLATE AKW TWIN WALL CHIMNEY STAINLESS STEEL

£25

1 X 15-150-069 ** (150MM) GUY WIRE BRACKET / FLOOR SUPPORT BAND AKW TWIN WALL £10.75 CHIMNEY STAINLESS STEEL

1 X 15-150-067 ** (150MM) ROOF SUPPORT AKW TWIN WALL CHIMNEY STAINLESS STEEL £18

1 X DFE106B ** 125-230 BLACK SQUARE ROOF FLASHING £24.75

1 X FX901 ** DEKTITE FIXING KIT 1 £10.25

1 X 2-150-090 ** (150MM) RAIN CAP AKW TWIN WALL CHIMNEY STAINLESS STEEL £42.75

1 X CEM ** BLACK FIRECEMENT £7

1 X STO-NP-CL ** STOVESONLINE NOTICE PLATE AND CHECKLIST £8.5

DELIVERY FLUE £46

SUBTOTAL £784.25

TOTAL NET VAT @ GROSS 20%

£653.54 £130.71 £784.25

• Thanks 1