Foundations close to a row of Leylandii

oldkettle

I was naively confident that on our relatively large plot it would be easy to build a gym/temporary accommodation. But a recent thread got me quite worried that 2 or 3 meters from Leylandii is too close and likely prohibitively expensive. 

Here is the picture of the corner where I hoped to have it - 9m by 6m structure so would require BC. Yes, replacing the kids play house. The trees are about 7m tall on the left and 4m at the far side. 

How is my luck? 

20200112_150430.jpg

Not necessarily expensive

we are  surrounded by trees with a row Lylandi in between the house and the trees similar to yours 

We dug deeper strip and added clay board to cope with the ground 

heave Definitely not a deal breaker 

• Thanks 1

I have just started my posh shed, and i have got loads of bloody trees. I have kept it to under 30sq mt because i wanted to steer clear of BC. I have done 12 piers at about a meter deep, and once i got about 600mm deep i was at the bottom of the clay, and into bloody hard ground.  What about building 2 and then when they are finished, and your house is all passed out, doing a sexy link (glass etc) to join the 2 ? The gap would only need to be about a meter, and a link between the 2 would then not cost a lot.

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Big Jimbo said:

What about building 2 and then when they are finished, and your house is all passed out, doing a sexy link (glass etc) to join the 2 ? 

Yes, thought about that. The equipment I want in the gym eventually is rather bulky so wouldn't fit comfortably, although 25m2 internal is probably enough for most. Only as the last resort though. 

1 hour ago, Russell griffiths said:

Depends what this building needs to be, screw piles and a raised steel/ timber floor

timber wall panels, lightweight, standing seam metal roof,lightweight. 

Just depend what your trying to build. 

No way to have an insulated slab in these conditions?