My new shed.

Big Jimbo

28 minutes ago, Temp said:

Looks great. Make sure everything is well fixed down. We had a shed roof blow off once. Took out neighbours fence. 

8 x 1mt bend straps burried down into the concrete. Plenty of straps on roof to walls. I am quite exposed here. Don't want to loose it like the One in Slough recently.

• Like 1

There is an old derelict log cabin building at the top of our road, a former pub.

Not long after it was built in the 70's , the roof, complete with the top 7 rows of logs from the walls blew off.  IT was rebuilt with even longer tie down straps.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

As some of you may remember, i got permission to extend my bungalow in the Green belt from about 500sq ft to 3000sq ft. I then went back into planning to see if i could get Two instead of the One large. That was refused by L.A. and refused on appeal. The permission i obtained took away my class E permitted devl rights. I spoketo the planning officer re a "posh shed" and he said build it before i started work, and i would not need to apply. This is what i have done, and what you are starting to see in the pictures.

Now, i have decided that my extended house when built, will be too big (I added it up the other day, and the internal floor area is about 3200sq ft. ) I have decided that i am going to go back into planning for a knock and build with a smaller house of about 2500 ish sq ft.

What i am not sure of is. If i apply to replace existing house, will this cover me for the demolish part ? I don't want to have to apply for that on it's own. The second thing is under the same application can i apply to live on site during construction. Ie; either in a caravan, static, or my man shed ? and do i have to state which ?

Thanks for your help as usual.

1 hour ago, Big Jimbo said:

Bit more done. Starting to look like a mobile home rather than a posh shed. 

IMG_20200306_172601.jpg

Stick some mock wheels and a tow bar on it? ?

A bit of decking, some strategically placed potted conifers, a few down lights...

23 minutes ago, Onoff said:

Stick some mock wheels and a tow bar on it? ?

A bit of decking, some strategically placed potted conifers, a few down lights...

Well although i'm dead posh. Born in Hampstead. I am entitled to an Irish Passport due to my ancestry. So you could have a good point.?

Finally got the sloping top bits of my cladding cut and fitted. Still got to stick the roof down, and do the skirt around the bottom, which I think I will do in black. Top half of my house will be clad the same, so pleased to have had the chance to practice on the posh shed

IMG_20200311_175702.jpg

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

Not very exciting, but due to the nice weather I finally got my rubber roof stuck down, and the edge trim put around. Once I fit the plinth (no materials) that will be the outside finished. Wired up the inside ( no supply yet) but 18 double sockets. 11 internal lights. Power for oven and hob. Extractor power. TV ariel. Cat 6  and more that I have already forgotten. ?

IMG_20200409_165200.jpg

• 4 weeks later...