Little things put a massive smile on my face sometimes

ToughButterCup

9 minutes ago, Cpd said:

I will do some research but if anyone had a “go to” place online to buy 221 please do share ! 
many thanks. 

https://www.screwfix.com/search?search=wago+221

https://www.toolstation.com/search?q=wago 221

https://cpc.farnell.com/search?st=wago 221

http://www.discount-electrical.co.uk/search.php?xSearch=wago+221&x=0&y=0

https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/tcl/search?query=wago+221&Submit=Search

I think everyone does them

• Like 1

Never heard of Wagos before - real or fake. I've just been watching Big Clive[1] take one apart, and he seems to like them.

Can you put more than one wire into each slot, as you can with a choc-block?

[1]A man whose opinions seem trustworthy.

38 minutes ago, Stewpot said:

Yes if it’s stranded wire twisted together but they do the lever ones in 2 3 4 5 so very little point in scrimping. 

36 minutes ago, Stewpot said:

Never heard of Wagos before - real or fake. I've just been watching Big Clive[1] take one apart, and he seems to like them.

[1]A man whose opinions seem trustworthy.

No, but you get different sizes so you don't need to.    Great to use in a wiring centre and you also have Wago boxes of different sizes including very small ones to use with downlights. Save a lot of time and pretty foolproof, just strip back 15mm of insulation.

9 hours ago, Onoff said:

Check out the test of real WAGOs vs the counterfeit ones on YouTube! 

yes, I've seen'em. More of an issue with 222s I thought.

Can't see me needing them for anything other than lighting circuits tho so I'll happily risk  an amp passing through.

/now the ones that come with cheapo lights, that look like chokblocks with release buttons on?  Purest kelp. Wire isn't caged within the terminal so you're reliant on the plastic to keep the pring pressure up. Naff.

Re Steps.

I had a pair open up on me.

Hit the deck with my left are underneath them, right foot twisted between two bottom rungs.

Trapped like a goodun.

Broken arm and several  broken ribs. 18 years on there is still a painful spot on my left arm.

The plumbers on the site were impressed that I turned up the next day and carried on working.

Main advantage for me is that CEF is about 2 miles closer to me than Screwfix, plus they rarely have a queue at the counter, plus pretty much everything they stock is pretty good quality.  My experience with Screwfix recently has been that they tend to be a bit expensive now, plus the quality of some of their stuff can be a bit suspect.

1 minute ago, Jeremy Harris said:

Main advantage for me is that CEF is about 2 miles closer to me than Screwfix, plus they rarely have a queue at the counter, plus pretty much everything they stock is pretty good quality.  My experience with Screwfix recently has been that they tend to be a bit expensive now, plus the quality of some of their stuff can be a bit suspect.

Yes, I bought some 20mm galvanised couplers from CEF. Much thicker steel that the ones from Screwfix. Much more expensive though!

7 hours ago, SteamyTea said:

I still wonder if Baby Spice tastes of prawn cocktail crisps.

Not sure if that is a good thing.

Been thinking about this all day:

Scary - Chilli chocolate

Posh - Prosecco (possibly Lambrini as she's from Essex).

Ginger - Irn-Bru

Sporty - Lucozade

On 11/01/2020 at 19:12, MJNewton said:

There are smaller lever Wagos available too - the 221 series:

Same rating as the 222's, and I prefer the transparent case for reassurance of correct insertion. 

Incidentally, re the push connectors they are releasable/reusable - you just twist the wire whilst pulling. 

I've used hundreds of the 221's in my house, especially on my RGBW ceiling downlights which have 5 connections. Disconnecting and dropping the lights out to decorate was just a doddle.

I rarely use choc blocks anymore. My electrician swears by them too.

I've also used a couple of these wiring centre's which have the 221's clipped into them, very user friendly.

Edited by Rob99

I've mislaid loads of stuff after our house move, and the one thing I keep finding when looking for something else is yet another box of wagos.  I have no idea how I have come to have so many part used boxes of the things around, but the bugger is that they are all ones that I never use very much (like 224s and 773s).