Wedi Board supplier : recommendation?

Stumbled, fuddle headed into Topps this morning: shop's just by the best mobile breakfast greasy spoon in the world. 

You should see that Doreen in action: with those buns, she's got a really really smoothe buttering action - and she lets me have AnySauceAtAll. Bliss

Anyway, Topps Wedi products are out of this world - in terms of price. £600+ for a shower kit, much of which I don't need, and if I go onto justwedi.co.uk I can get what I need - and no more - for just over £260.

Which leads me to ask I bet someone on here knows where to source Wedi at sensible prices?  Fleabay?

58 minutes ago, AnonymousBosch said:

Stumbled, fuddle headed into Topps this morning: shop's just by the best mobile breakfast greasy spoon in the world. 

You should see that Doreen in action: with those buns, she's got a really really smoothe buttering action - and she lets me have AnySauceAtAll. Bliss

Anyway, Topps Wedi products are out of this world - in terms of price. £600+ for a shower kit, much of which I don't need, and if I go onto justwedi.co.uk I can get what I need - and no more - for just over £260.

Which leads me to ask I bet someone on here knows where to source Wedi at sensible prices?  Fleabay?

So are there tiles 

At least Dick Turpin wore a mask 

11 minutes ago, Oz07 said:

Any local trade tile shop. Go independent. Call first

I really try to do that: and have done for 4 years now.

And with one exception, (my timber supplier), the prices are out of my range and / or I'm treated as - how to put this politely - a nuisance. It certainly feels like that anyway.

3 minutes ago, nod said:

Try Brendan at Home Matters  Bamber Bridge

[...]

He will have your pants down 

Ok. Fringe benefits come with it then? Hmmm.

7 hours ago, AnonymousBosch said:

I really try to do that: and have done for 4 years now.

That part has always baffled me.

As a self builder surely you will be much better going online. Less overhead, actual prices shown, usually minimal delivery fees....

The standard British builders merchant will only give you an noticeable discount (slightly below online prices) if you look like it will be a) a repeat purchase b) you have a very big order (multiple houses) 

I had my backer boards from RubberDuck Bathrooms - best price that I could find for Abacus Elements - they do Wedi as well but Elements are cheaper (and the same)

They came direct from Abacus - free 2 day delivery

Abacus Pack of 5 Tile Backer Boards 900 x 2400 x 12mm

£228.00
£166.00 inc. VAT

Edited by wozza

Think I got a few sheets from Travis Perkins but their list prices are probably high. 

Aside: I think BnQ are discontinuing Hardi Backer board as I got a the last sheet from a store near me at a very good/clearance price?

Edited by Temp