Bulk plasterboard supplier

Triassic

I’m starting plaster boarding very soon and recall someone recommending a good value supplier, could someone remind me who that was?

I’m specifically looking for 12mm thick by 2400  x 1200mm.

The cheapest I’ve found so far Is £7 as sheet, reducing to £6.65 if you buy over 250 sheets, inc VAT.

Edited by Triassic

3 hours ago, Triassic said:

I’m starting plaster boarding very soon and recall someone recommending a good value supplier, could someone remind me who that was?

I’m specifically looking for 12mm thick by 2400  x 1200mm.

The cheapest I’ve found so far Is £7 as sheet, reducing to £6.65 if you buy over 250 sheets, inc VAT.

How much????

Is that just looking online at merchants or phoning, or even better going in and smiling nicely and asking for a price?

We paid £4.55 a sheet for GTEC 12.5mm Tapered.

At £7 a sheet I wouldn't be so gungho with it! 

How many sheets do you need?

I'll sell you some at £6.0 a sheet but you must collect!

Edited by Carrerahill

Plasterboard prices at wickes and finish is only slightly more than I pay for buying lorry loads in 

Thats for 12.5 TE 2.4 x 1.2 

Where there’s a big difference is the moister fire check sound block insulated boards etc 

I pay about half what they are sold in the BM and sheds 

SIG have, after a number of phone calls, just confirmed a price of £6.15 per 2.4 x1.2 sheet 12.5m, thick.

This is the cheapest I can find having phoned and emailed a good number of suppliers. To be honest I thought I’d get a better deal given I need over 300 sheets.  @nod who do you use?

Edited by Triassic

Last night I emailed one of the suppliers who asked for feedback, I sent them a link to an online source (they wouldn’t sell to me as I was outside their delivery area) and they have just emailed to matched the online price of £5.72 +vat.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Triassic said:

Last night I emailed one of the suppliers who asked for feedback, I sent them a link to an online source (they wouldn’t sell to me as I was outside their delivery area) and they have just emailed to matched the online price of £5.72 +vat.

I’m at 562 plus

There isa price rise due 

1 hour ago, bassanclan said:

Surely there should be bigger discounts on PB.

With the 10% trade discount wickes price works out at £5.93+vat

There’s such a small margin on standard pb 

Though I will buy sound block at £4 less than Wickes sell them at 

Same with moister 

On a full load it’s quite a saving 

Anything they don’t sell a lot of is expensive 

Very glad I accepted the offer of a few pallets of plaster board for free as they had some minor damage by the forklift, rather than sorting through them all by hand the boys in the yard were happy to put them on my trailer and away I went. When the time comes I will be happy to repair and damaged edges rather than pay for spanking new boards. 

6 hours ago, nod said:

There’s such a small margin on standard pb 

Though I will buy sound block at £4 less than Wickes sell them at 

Same with moister 

On a full load it’s quite a saving 

Anything they don’t sell a lot of is expensive 

Makes sense as even B&q sometimes got some crazy special offers. They had insualtion lift roll at some point for 8-9£/roll. A few years back and very cheap stuff but still less than half price that regular BM sells it for.

Just because they where shifting by the ton. Was something like a winter catalogue frontpage special.

sometimes these diy stores have surprisingly good offers, just don't EVER pick up anything else "while you're there" as that will eliminate all savings. ??

5 hours ago, Patrick said:

They had insualtion lift roll at some point for 8-9£/roll. A few years back and very cheap stuff but still less than half price that regular BM sells it for.

That wasn't when it was subsidised, was it? Was done by the energy companies to get their green credits of some sort, like they've been doing EWI more recently. Was supposed to only be used for retrofit in existing property but I bet a lot went into new build.