Hello from Scotland

KiwiScot

Welcome - Kiwi (or maybe the Scot?)

There's a significant contingent from North of Hadrians Wall - the rules for you are a little different from the English rules.

Some members are quite open about their location, others not. Have a look at the signature used by the person posting - that might help you to make contact.

I expect you'll be up in Glasgow at the end of May?  If so, might see you there.

Yes hello and welcome - we are based in the Scottish Borders, so in your area. Our build experiences are now about 18 - 24 months old but some aspects may be still relevant depending upon what stage you are at - if you have time, take a look at my blog, which details the whole build process. Good luck with your project and enjoy the ride this forum offers!!

Thank you for the warm welcome!

@AnonymousBosch

We might come across in May, though we were at the event in Edinburgh last October. Really enjoyed it and learned a lot.

Thanks for the link to the blog!

On 07/01/2020 at 11:52, Redoctober said:

Yes hello and welcome - we are based in the Scottish Borders, so in your area. Our build experiences are now about 18 - 24 months old but some aspects may be still relevant depending upon what stage you are at - if you have time, take a look at my blog, which details the whole build process. Good luck with your project and enjoy the ride this forum offers!!

Thank you for adding me to the site.  I am hoping to begin a self build project in East Ayrshire this summer.  Planning permission is granted so next step is confirming supplier of timber frame and then submitting architectural drawings for building warrant application.  Any feedback, suggestions and experiences of timber kit suppliers would be much appreciated. Also recommendations on kit erectors, builders etc in the area would be very much appreciated.  If possible, would be great if i could view any recently completed projects, ideally bungalow of approx 180sq metre size.  Many thanks in advance.