Smart export tariffs introduced.

ProDave

52 minutes ago, MikeSharp01 said:

Just another money for old rope monopoly. 

But it has enabled 2.7 GWp of domestic (up to 4 kW) installed capacity in the last 10 years.  That is out of a total of 12.95 GWp

That compares favourably with our nuclear program, which has installed nothing new and is only going to add a couple of GWp.

So if one used the 1 MWh generation for each 1 kWp installed, all PV now generates ~13 TWh/year

Hinkley could produce about 16.6 TWh/year at 95% of full capacity.

There is about 950,000 sub 4 kW in the UK, so if the premium was £1,500, that is ~£1.425 bn.

I cannot find a figure for how much Hinkley has cost so far, but i will guess it is more than the MCS premium.

Edited by SteamyTea

I suppose there's also an argument that the "MCS premium" was just redistribution of the government subsidy, from those that invested in systems to those that installed them.  Looked at from a monetary perspective there was may even have been a short term benefit to the government that was greater than the FiT subsidy payments, in that a part of the MCS premium would have ended up as tax revenue.  Be interesting to try and see how the numbers work out.