Medite Exterior

willbish

I haven’t used it but I did look into using it for a few things, the one reason I decided against it is that if only available in 2.4 long you will have joins everywhere. i would visit a local sawmill and look for something like Douglas fir or larch, try to avoid speed grown white wood and a clear preservative on it before painting. 

Should last years. 

12 hours ago, Russell griffiths said:

What sort of money did they want for 8x4 @willbish

18mm just over £70, compared to Tricoya extreme coming in at £180 ?

46 minutes ago, SteamyTea said:

I put some samples in a bucket of water for 13 months, took them out and thy seemed fine.

Somewhere on Youtube there is a video of it, but think it was on an account I don't use anymore

Good to know, there's no guarantee with Medite Exterior but the sales bumpff says 'proven over 15 years use'. Where as the Tricoya extreme is guaranteed for 50 years above ground, only 25 below

On 04/01/2020 at 15:08, willbish said:

But they still claim it is CO2 negative

Simple.

Bad accounting.  They are probably comparing it to something that has a worse carbon footprint.

Or say it sequesters 1 tonne of CO2, takes 0.5 tonne CO2 to manufacture and distribute, that has to be negative.

I always worry about these sort of claims.

Also distribution is very low emissions, until you go and pick it up locally.  Then it becomes dreadful.