Ecology Timescales

Ralph

I'm just about to send in the application after having been told that it looked fine in principle. Does anyone who went for an Ecology mortgage recall how long it took to get it agreed?
They are estimating 4 weeks but I'm wondering what others experience was.

Thanks

I'm interested in this too.  Sent my application at the start of December, sent all the requested paperwork, references have been supplied not sure where things stand at the minute.

With the xmas period I expected things to pause.

Wife had a phone call today on behalf of a surveyor asking when can get access to property in order to value it ?‍♂️  After several 'it is just a plot of land' replies after the person kept repeating the same question it seems the penny dropped - doesn't bode well, I can only assume it was a confused receptionist arranging a visit on behalf of the surveyor?‍♂️

I will ring on Monday to find out what the crack is.  As to how long it will all take ?‍♂️

Took about 6 weeks for us. Tho there was a couple week delay in the middle due to my employer not sending in details fast enough. So 4 weeks seems realistic.

Yes, they do engage a surveyor to evaluate the land value, proposals and final estimated value of the project. It will be the same surveyor that comes round to do the stage valuations so it's important that they see everything from the start.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/01/2020 at 21:52, Conor said:

Took about 6 weeks for us. Tho there was a couple week delay in the middle due to my employer not sending in details fast enough. So 4 weeks seems realistic.

Yes, they do engage a surveyor to evaluate the land value, proposals and final estimated value of the project. It will be the same surveyor that comes round to do the stage valuations so it's important that they see everything from the start.

Thanks for the response Conor, for some reason I missed this at the time.

Ecology seem to be rocketing along, we were the hold up in getting back to them to be honest.

I'm just waiting on a valuation appointment with a surveyor. I'm going to accompany the surveyor, I'm not sure how much you can influence them but I want to make sure he's aware of all the positives. 

• 1 month later...

Hope you are getting on well with Ecology? Took about 4 weeks to get the surveyor out but he wanted done proper costings and wouldn’t accept our mix of formal quotes and guesstimates (who gets a plastering quote for a new build when they haven’t even knocked down the old house??) so  we had to pay a couple of hundred to an estimating firm for an online schedule of costs (no site visit, just off plans). They accepted this and immediately approved the mortgage. Prob was about 8 weeks total but in the end it was us not rushing as more costly with them than our prior mortgage.......