Which WC

Toppers

What is the wall made of?  Can you cut into it, e.g to recess the soil pipe into the wall?

If so the solution would probably be a back to the wall pan with the soil pipe run recessed into the wall, but that might be a lot of engineering.

Or still work on a back to wall pan, built out on some studwork, with the soil pipe part recessed into the wall, part within the studwork, and a slimline cistern behind the studwork.

8 minutes ago, ProDave said:

What is the wall made of?  Can you cut into it, e.g to recess the soil pipe into the wall?

If so the solution would probably be a back to the wall pan with the soil pipe run recessed into the wall, but that might be a lot of engineering.

Or still work on a back to wall pan, built out on some studwork, with the soil pipe part recessed into the wall, part within the studwork, and a slimline cistern behind the studwork.

Both walls are external cavity walls that have been dot & dabbed, the studwork idea would probably eat too much into the already limited space.

4 minutes ago, Toppers said:

Both walls are external cavity walls that have been dot & dabbed, the studwork idea would probably eat too much into the already limited space.

Cut away the dot and dab and recess a little into the blockwork and you might get to a compromise.

Otherwise what you are looking for is something as slim as a back to wall pan, but with a side outlet. I have not seen such a thing.

High level cistern may solve how to get a cistern in without pushing the pan too far forwards.

What is the width of the room?

How about a corner pan?

4 minutes ago, ProDave said:

Cut away the dot and dab and recess a little into the blockwork and you might get to a compromise.

Otherwise what you are looking for is something as slim as a back to wall pan, but with a side outlet. I have not seen such a thing.

High level cistern may solve how to get a cistern in without pushing the pan too far forwards.

What is the width of the room?

How about a corner pan?

The room is approx 1m x 1.2m.

I don't think a corner pan would work as the soil pipe stub stack is in the only corner where it could go.

I have a standard cheap Wickes close coupled pan and cistern downstairs.  From the wall, the front of the pan is 66cm.  That would leave you 54cm between the front of the pan and the facing wall.  Plenty of room to sit down and use it.  You might have problems if building control are demanding this is an "accessible " facility.

From a standard close coupled pan, the pan connector and soil pipe can exit sideways without adding any extra depth.  As I have it, the pan connector goes straight down.

20200103_143957.thumb.jpg.5dc61cd57511cc0701c0527a29d89f3b.jpg

9 minutes ago, ProDave said:

I have a standard cheap Wickes close coupled pan and cistern downstairs.  From the wall, the front of the pan is 66cm.  that would leave you 54cm between the front of the pan and the facing wall.  Plenty of room to sit down and use it.  You might have problems if building control are demanding this is an "accessible " facility.

From a standard close coupled pan, the pan connector and soil pipe can exit sideways without adding any extra depth.

That sounds like it would do the trick, building control have never made any mention of it being accessible and they have approved the plans.

3 minutes ago, Toppers said:

That sounds like it would do the trick, building control have never made any mention of it being accessible and they have approved the plans.

I have added a picture in my post above.

• Thanks 1

You've got to look for short projection toilets and see if there's anything that will do the trick if you don't want  a high level cistern or concealed cistern.

RAK do a 600mm projection 

https://www.bellabathrooms.co.uk/rak-series-600-short-projection-toilet-600mm.html

I'm sure there are others, but don't recall coming across anything shorter

2 hours ago, bassanclan said:

You've got to look for short projection toilets and see if there's anything that will do the trick if you don't want  a high level cistern or concealed cistern.

RAK do a 600mm projection 

https://www.bellabathrooms.co.uk/rak-series-600-short-projection-toilet-600mm.html

I'm sure there are others, but don't recall coming across anything shorter

Cancel my last... that’s less than 100 Squids! 

Usually the cistern and pan connector/bend are similar depths. If you find a really narrow concealed cistern then.. Gberit have a pretty short right angle bend/pan connector they use on some of their frames...

https://www.tapsempire.co.uk/product/geberit-hdpe-bend-with-connector-for-wall-wc/?gclid=CjwKCAiA6bvwBRBbEiwAUER6JS-hK4K4TgfYTUUF4UnumZIJx615fJ76S1f_4Wr2oNw9bIl69gmHwBoCPpIQAvD_BwE

Think this cistern is just  96mm from back of cistern to front of wall (80mm cistern and 16mm for the plasterboard and tiles)..

https://www.ukbathroomstore.co.uk/pura-cc100-super-slim-concealed-insulated-pneumatic-cistern?dfw_tracker=34263-CC100&gclid=CjwKCAiA6bvwBRBbEiwAUER6Jf7NtV2SrNHriTpCeWY-DxudR5Y6VTUaSbPbvDy3hX9HQYJU1_QCLxoCsv8QAvD_BwE

So a 110mm waste pipe would be the limiting factor eg back of pipe to front of wall could in theory be 110+16mm = 125mm? Would have to be a floor mounted WC and horizontal studs only.

Getting a bit carried away here :-)

Edited by Temp