Upward, hidden pulls?

puntloos

Perhaps a bit strange detail, but we're looking for a modern kitchen with hidden pulls. Problem is that especially in the floor cabinets, they are typically built in such a way that they easily collect dust.

Has anyone seen pulls like the attached image..?

HiddenPull.png.41f7885f4552ba943ed08b4f05e75b32.png

14 hours ago, AliG said:

Will you have MVHR? As far as I can see, we basically have no dust in the house with MVHR.

Interesting, is that a known benefit? I thought most dust is created/brought in by humans, not pulled in from outside?

14 hours ago, AliG said:

We have a handleless kitchen, no dust gets in the tracks where you pull the doors.

Picture?

What I've come to realise is that perhaps it's okay to not have a down-facing handle (although it's probably a benefit) but at least have a full-length one so you can swipe it clean with one wipe of a cloth (rather than having to dig into handles, corners)

Pictures as requested.

There aren't actually any handles at all, there is just a metal channel and you pull the back of the doors to open things.

Easy to clean than a handle, you can just run a wet cloth along the top edge of the door when it is open.

Someone mentioned no dust on another thread about MVHR. I cannot see any dust anywhere in the house and I don't think someone has dusted everywhere. I always thought that most dust was due to dead skin, but in fact I think it is mostly atmospheric dust and pollen coming in from outside. In my flat in London the window sills literally turn grey from the dust from the road outside, I hate to think what it does to my lungs.

IMG_8171.JPG

IMG_8172.JPG

• Like 1

Yeah, and London has gotten worse too. Thanks for the pics, yeah I can imagine a quick swipe with a cloth will be pretty efficient at cleaning it. 

So much so that it's probably not worth designing for with my 'downward pointing handle' idea.

Of course we're not talking just about dust, especially kitchens might have a spray of grease.. but I guess not too hard to clean around the hob..