Cabinet glass shelves light up green, any simple fix?

Wagas

Hello, wondering if the forum wisdom can think of a simple (cheap) fix for making the cabinet glass shelves look less green and more natural. I presume the glass has a tint of green in it but without changing the glass is there a way of covering the edge with something so when the light is shone on it it has more of a natural light? Someone has mentioned putting a shower screen seal on the back edge which I am yet to try. Thanks for any ideas

IMG_0095.thumb.jpeg.b05a7fb27ddc4a529d3c5c921159cefb.jpeg

1 hour ago, Wagas said:

Thanks for the ideas. I've found some low iron glass suppliers on ebay and will give it a try. Don't know why Howdens didn't just use it as standard as who wants a green lit cabinet?!

don’t forget they will be toughened so you cannot cut them - they have to be the right size and also edge polished / bevelled 

You will probably have to get someone to cut and then toughen low iron glass to suit. Shelves for glass cupboards are available off the shelf in set sizes and always made from regular glass. By the time you go though this exercise I doubt its going to be cheap.

• 4 weeks later...