Decoupling membrane

willbish

Has any experienced this before?

Cromar Vent3 Pro membrane laid directly on OSB sarking with counter battens on top.

In my haste to get the membrane on during a windy afternoon I left off some counter battens so the membrane is only fixed at 1.2m intervals.

I've returned today to carry on with the battening and notice the membrane has decoupled in one area.

All three layers have clearly separated. When I was laying the membrane I noticed a wrinkly section mid roll but didn't think anything of it at the time. It appears the decoupling has occured before or after this wrinkly line.

Added confession, this membrane was purchased from eBay supplier who Ive already had a minor dingdong with regarding missing VAT receipt.

Does this section have to be cut out?

The lap on the membrane is supposed to be 225mm (16° pitch) but I have exceeded this at around 300mm, if that has any bearing.

IMG_20191223_121626.jpg

IMG_20191223_121635.jpg

IMG_20191223_121647.jpg

IMG_20191223_121712.jpg

I have used the same membrane and not found any problems, in fact I was surprised how good it was. 

I personaly wouldn’t be happy with the bit that has separated. 

I had seen an e bay seller with this but decided to buy from the merchants as it was reasonable priced. 

If you need some I think I have half a roll knocking about if it will get you out of trouble over Christmas. 

2 hours ago, Russell griffiths said:

If you need some I think I have half a roll knocking about if it will get you out of trouble over Christmas. 

Thanks Russ appreciate the offer. I've got plenty left over but not looking fwd to prizing the battens off now they are peppered with ring shanks.

This is my error. I've now spotted in the ebay listing, some 230 words into the description, that it is infact a seconds product. If I had known that I would have steered clear. Or if using it I would have been on the lookout for any substandard sections.

Que battle with ebay seller for refund...