Hi

I have been using some trades men that are not VAT registered so I have been buying the goods for them so I can re-claim the VAT.

The issue is the delivery address on the receipt (due to site location ect) does not match the address on the planning application (this address is not correct either it was the closest address to the site).  Also the address will change as I have applied to the council for a new permanent address and postcode.

Will this cause an issue with the VAT reclaim or does the receipt just need my name on it? 

No problem for me either.  With the VAT reclaim I submitted a list of addresses used for deliveries or invoicing during the build and an explanation of what they were, and nothing was queried (eg, original home address, rented address, work address, plot/planning address, official postal address).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GrantMcscott said:

Hi

I have been using some trades men that are not VAT registered so I have been buying the goods for them so I can re-claim the VAT.

The issue is the delivery address on the receipt (due to site location ect) does not match the address on the planning application (this address is not correct either it was the closest address to the site).  Also the address will change as I have applied to the council for a new permanent address and postcode.

Will this cause an issue with the VAT reclaim or does the receipt just need my name on it? 

It won’t be an issue as long as the invoices have your name on them 

We had nothing from the internal fit out with the site address on 

• 6 months later...
17 minutes ago, GrantMcscott said:

Just one other question Jewson receipts all have watermark on them saying COPY.  HMRC states original will they reject them for this as there is a few thousand £s of VAT on them?

I was worried about that too as I had a few but HMRC paid out on them. 

• Thanks 1