Timber frame cost and % of total build costs

Moonshine

Is anyone able to give any details of what the cost and percent of the total build costs the total timber framing element (including thermal insulation) of their build was?

I've had a quote through which is about 15% of my indicative total build budget expectations. 

This for two storeys AGL, and does not include a basement element of the construction, nor the roofing.

tbh i was expecting the timber framing to be more.

Edited by Moonshine

9 minutes ago, Tony C said:

Could you include the size of the house (m2) and the cost of Timber frame (£)?

mine is a flat roofed house, with 2 storeys agl, with the total area of the timber frame part of 141m2, quote is ~£38k exc VAT for supply and erection of timber frame and installation of insulation (0.17W/m²)/AVCL/Service battens. This equates to about £269m2

a 140mm wide stud with some pir in it is very different to a double stud wall with 300mm of insulation installed.

good shout, my quote is for 140mm single studwork only.

notably this does not include external render board, plaster board, staircases, roof coverings, fire socks.

Edited by Moonshine

23 minutes ago, Moonshine said:

mine is a flat roofed house, with 2 storeys agl, with the total area of the timber frame part of 141m2, quote is ~£38k exc VAT for supply and erection of timber frame and installation of insulation (0.17W/m²)/AVCL/Service battens. This equates to about £269m2

Could you share any name of the company if they are not too far from London? ?