Kitchen colour

Bored Shopper

Kitchen colour  

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Selecting kitchen colour and going slowly mad!..

Given: a large kitchen-diner, 4mx8m (L-shaped room).  Large bifold patio doors (5m wide). U-shaped kitchen layout (need lots of space inside U).

Floor - Porcelanosa Delaware Nogal (non-negotiable at this stage).

Choices: a very light grey colour ("Borrowed light") / a bold dark ("Carbon") / a mellow pinkish ("Calamine"). 

They say rule of thumb is dark floor=light kitchen and vice versa. 

Can you please vote on your preference, thank you.imageproxy.php?img=&key=f5f06bfe2c42e69cimageproxy.php?img=&key=f5f06bfe2c42e69cimageproxy.php?img=&key=f5f06bfe2c42e69c

Floor Delaware Nogal.jpg

Borrowed light.png

Carbon.png

Calamine.png

Edited by Bored Shopper

Have a similar issue with ours! Been to ikea twice to pick and narrowed it down to two; black wood or a grey/green. Difficult!

Not much help on those colours. I'd vote Carbon but then again I don't like pink nor can I see the first one (image broken)

7 minutes ago, Christine Walker said:

I kept the floor and worktops light as the units are dark grey ray 

I love the contrast of dark grey units and light coloured worktop. Sadly, have a feel it won't play well against our dark wood floor. But we love the grain of Nogal floor too much to go any lighter  (probably more than kitchen units ::)))

16 hours ago, Bored Shopper said:

Aww, so classy and lovely! Kudos to your wife, I can totally relate to the agony of selection!

Thank you 

It took 9 months for my wife to decide on a kitchen We looked at so many German kitchens 

They all merged into one 

I run a tiling business But had no input on which tiles we used  Other  than I wanted Italian Porcelain 

If we would of had a contractor building the house He would have walked off several times ?

Pity it is a German kitchen, not a car.

Then you would have a choice of 3 sorts of black, 3 sorts of dark blue, 3 sorts of grey, silver, white, and a red that really would prefer to be a further shade of grey :-0 .

(ie the range of colours IBM Sales Executives used to wear for their suits)

Mine is dark blue.

And the kitchen is off white semi-gloss slab doors.

I think I would take the cue from how much light it will get, and only go dark if it is a very bright room, but not go white either. Colours and textures which show prominently rather than "washed out" on Instagram are on trend. One interpretation of the look is called "One True Hipster" (says my interior designer).

Ferdinand

Edited by Ferdinand
  • Like 1